Chapter 12

I glare at Riley as I pass her in the hallway. Olivia told me so much more about her that I had never heard of. I can't believe I felt pity for her.
        She told me that Riley has dumped someone just because they only got her roses and chocolate on Valentine's Day because she wanted daisies instead. I didn't think that Riley had dated anyone before, but I believe Olivia.
        She also told me that Riley has practically perfect grades because she cheats on tests. I'm in most of her classes and I've never seen her do that, but that means she must be sneaky and Olivia is observant.
        Opening my locker, I shoved some binders into my backpack and swung it over my shoulder. I slammed my locked shut and started heading to Olivia's locker to walk her to the bus.
        I saw Riley again, walking towards Kayden's locker with her head down. As I passed her, I stuck my leg out.
        Crash.
        Down to the ground she went. Her binders flew everywhere, papers stranded on the floor around her.
        A pang of guilt plunged into my heart. Why did I feel bad? She's been lying to me anyways.
        I hear laughter from everywhere around me, then right in my ear. I feel a hand being laid on my shoulder, and turn around to see Olivia smiling and laughing.
          "Oh Riley, let me help you with that," Olivia says with an evil grin. She starts to pick up her papers, getting about 3/4 of everything she spilled. She acted as if she was about to hand them back, and as Riley reached for them, Olivia pulled her hand back.
        "Not so fast, buckaroo," Olivia said and took the stack with both hands, and then ripping them all down the middle. She tossed them into the garbage can beside her.
         "Now you can match them, you both belong in the trash. Fish out your papers, you rat," she said and turned back to me, mouthing "let's go."
       I followed her towards the doors, casting a glance back over my shoulder. Riley was biting her lip, holding in her tears. I felt that same twinge of guilt, but I grabbed Olivia's hand.
        "Good one," I said, smiling at her.

•••

          I reached my hand into the garbage as the crowd started to finally walk away. I wondered where Kayden was.
         As I pulled my pieces of paper out, I just stared at them, all torn in half. I'll have to tape all of these.
         Stupid piece of crap.
         I don't know what I was thinking, walking by them. Kayden told me so many things about Asher that I hadn't known.
          He told me how much of a player he was. Apparently while he was leading me on, he was dating 3 girls at once while that wad happening. I never had seen them, but I believe Kayden.
        Kayden also told me that Asher has had 22 girlfriends already just in this school year. I don't know of 22 girls he has talked to, but Kayden wouldn't lie to me. 
          After shoving everything back into my backpack, I looked around for him. I didn't see him.
          I made my way over to his locker and he wasn't there. Maybe he had something to do. 
         I sighed and walked out of the doors to my bus. I scanned the row of buses, watching out for Asher or Olivia. I didn't see either of them, so I walked up the stairs onto my bus and sat down in one of the front seats.
        I pulled out my phone and shoved my backpack beside me. No texts from Kayden telling me where he was. Thats strange.
        I opened our chat, about to type something to make sure he was ok. I started to type, but then his speech bubble came up. I deleted what I had and waited for his message to send.
        'Hey Riley! Sorry I didn't tell you that I left early. I was getting some plans done. Meet me at Gebor's Halloween Spectacular tonight at 7:00pm. It's right off of Liston Road. Love you,' his text read.
        I smiled at it. I was happy he was ok, but not excited about tonight. Gebor's is known for having an intense corn maze. It has a building you have to go through once you get out of the actual corn maze. Small tunnels to crawl in, and I'm claustrophobic. It also  has real spiders, which I hate. Fun.
        I'm not going to say no, though. I can't let him down, and he'll protect me.

•••

       "Hey Asher, so there's that Gebor's thing tonight. Can you meet me there at seven?" Olivia asked me.
         I smiled. "Yeah, sounds great. I love spooky stuff. I'll text you later. Love you," I said and face her a peck on the cheek before getting onto my bus.
        I am so ready for tonight. I love scary stuff, especially if I'll be there with Olivia. Riley was still in the back of my head and what I did, but I pushed it to the side and focused on having a fun night.

AUTHORS NOTE:
I know it's a little late for Halloween, but I still want to to this. I might wrap this up soon, I really want to start another story. I'm sorry I didn't post last week. But I started watching Stranger Things, and I finished both seasons. It's soooo freaking good. Anyways, I know this was short but thank you all so so so so much! 500 reads??? Thank you!!