Epilogue

We ended up waking up the next morning still in each other's arms. Asher's Mom took me to the doctor's and I ended up having to get a cast on my right foot and crutches. My sister had to go back to the hospital, my parents with her. I stayed with Asher and his mom. She payed for my cast and appointment, insisting on it.
Asher ended up asking me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes. We skipped school for a week so I could rest, and he didn't want to leave me alone at home while his mom went to work.
When we went back to school, Olivia and Kayden had gotten expelled because Asher's Mom called the school and emailed the principle pictures of my condition. Now, the teachers take it extra easy on Asher and I.
After about a month and a half, I had finally learned to trust someone 100% again. But, I started to get anxiety when Asher wasn't around. When we were together, I was so much more bubblier and outgoing than before.
My family was able to go back to the apartment, and I had to live there again. The first week was very, very rough. Sleeping alone was a major difference that I did not like.
My dad ended up getting a better job so we could pay off my sister's hospital bills. They couldn't afford to feed me though. Asher's mom immediately offered to take care of me again. Sadly, my parents immediately said yes and dropped me off without batting an eye.
I was fine with it though, Asher's mom was now practically my mother. I also was less alone at night and a lot less stressed.
Summer finally came around and school was out. This is when we found out that my family had moved to leave me behind, and we had no idea where they went. Asher's mom made the best of the situation, buying me my own dresser for clothes to put in now Asher's and my room.
Life was pretty great from here on out. Asher and I never fought. I don't think we did even once.
The next school year came and went. Kayden and Olivia had ended up moving to another school, so Asher and I had such a good year.
Nothing eventful happened after that, until it was time to go to college. Asher and I went to the same college and shared an apartment. We were exposed to new people and we each made friends, having an actual group.
Asher was learning to be a physical therapy assistant while I was studying psychology to be a psychologist.
Skipping to the end of college, we had made some good friends and we moved back in with Asher's mom. I found a job which was starting small with an ok salary so we could afford to move into an apartment. He got a job about three weeks after I did.
Once we were working and had gotten raises and I got another small job with a photography service on the side, we could afford to not only move out, but buy a house.
Moving in together, we got a pretty nice house with three bedrooms and three bathrooms.
He proposed. We got married. We decided to start a family of our own, now that I had a really good job and he did as well.
I went to the doctors after getting positive on the pregnancy test, and we found out that it was twins.
Gender was revealed. Two sons.
We decorated one room until they were old enough to want separate rooms.
I gave birth to Austin and Luke.

Present Day

"Mum, mum! Dad! She's here! Austin!" Luke shouts excitedly from his window as a silver car pulls into the driveway. I look at myself in the mirror, making sure I look presentable for my mom.
I walk out of the room, seeing Riley tidying up Austin in his room. Riley looks up and stops to smile.
"Ready to see Grandma?" Riley asks Austin. He nods enthusiastically. I go into Luke's room to find him looking out his window.
"I bet Grandma has the coolest present waiting for you in her car," I say to Luke. "Let's go," I say with a big smile, scooping him up.
He laughs as we go down the stairs, meeting Riley and Austin at the door. Riley is holding it open as my mom walks up to our door, her hands filled with gift bags.
"Hello, hello!" She says as she walks in the door, a giant smile on her face. I take the presents from her and take them to under the tree as Luke and Austin greet her excitedly.
I go back over, hugging my mom after Riley. "Merry Christmas," I say to her. She says it back.
"We have some chips in the living room," I said to her. Austin and Luke race in front of us, trying to beat each other to the couch.
We walk in behind them, my mom sitting in the recliner, Riley and I sitting with the boys on the couch.
"Merry Christmas Grandma," Luke says, followed by Austin repeating him.
"Merry Christmas to you too. You both have gotten so big! You look like you could be 11 years old already!" My Mom says to them enthusiastically. This earns a giggle from both of them.
"Actually, were only six! Can you believe it?" Austin says excitedly, moving over to sit on Riley's lap.
My mom gasps with a big smile, and says something else to them.
We all continue chatting until it comes time for dinner. Riley checks the ham in the oven. It's ready, so we serve it.
It's not a usual giant family gathering, none of Riley's family will talk to her, and I was an only child and my dad isn't around anymore. It's just my mom, but she's more than we could ever ask for.
We eat dinner and then check the "Santa Tracker" on the computer. Austin and Luke get really excited.
It reaches about 8:00pm and my mom has to leave. We say our goodbyes, but she'll be coming back tomorrow morning to open gifts. She just didn't feel like staying the night, and I can't blame her with two six year olds here.
At about quarter until nine, Riley and I tuck Austin and Luke in. They both want to fall asleep quickly so it will be Christmas morning sooner.
Riley and I go into our bedroom, and sit on the bed beside each other. She looks over at me and smiles brightly, starting to laugh slightly.
I smile back. "What's so funny? I'm not that ugly am I?" I joke to her.
"No, no. I was just thinking where this all started and how far we've come. It's like something that happens in movies. Something that people would say is like 'a match made in heaven.' And I think I believe that. I love you, Asher," she says to me.
No matter how old we get, how long we've known each other, I still get that same bubbly feeling of happiness. It's just like back in highschool.
We just had to have faith that it would all turn out all right. We had to have hope. And we did. And that hope turned into everything I could have asked for. Everything.
"I love you too, Riley."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Oh my gosh oh my gosh we made it! I didn't want to make asher and riley go through anything else since they had been through so much. So there's no big tragedy or bad ending, I wanted it to be peaceful and feel good. I know I asked if I should do this or not, but I was just so excited to write this that I had to. It's going to be about midnight for me when I publish this, which is Christmas Eve. So, happy holidays to everyone and I'm so glad you've been here to experience this story with me! Have hope and stay strong you beautiful person!