▲7▼

I can't quite digest the fact that my mind remembered.

I try to concentrate on the controls and innumerable switches.

But still my mind refuses to forget.

And I know at that moment that all the effect of the numerous drugs that I have ever taken in the past two years is gone.

And suddenly I know who the woman who haunts me is.

I mean; how  can I ever forget her?

I pray for my mind to go blank and not focus on the things of my dark past.

I try to forget about the random flashes of memory I am getting of my three failed suicide attempts.

And I succeed to make my mind blank.

I am fully concentrating until Drew suddenly wakes me up from my daydream- like concentration.

"Slyvie we ready to land!!" He shouts eagerly as if a boy celebrating on getting chocolate.

"Yes; little boy. I know."
I reply; trying to be sarcastic; but smiling from the inside.

Enough of this hell-hole of an airplane where I am dominated by my thoughts.

Ready for the rush of adrenalin; I prepare the plane for landing; while Drew relaxes in the co-pilot seat next to me; cheerfully mumbling some song.

After all; I know he is actually twenty five years of age like his resumé said.

But not me.

I don't satisfy the minimum age to become a pilot.

I am seventeen.

And also an awesome liar.

               *    *    *
We land down back again for a two hour break at six a.m.

I feel relieved as I take some strong black coffee and a chocolate crossiant.

Well; maybe airport food is bad; but pilot food is certainly not.

I take a seat in front of Drew and see the usual team members of my regiment get ready for the six a.m. flight.

There are twelve pilots in this regiment that are actual fighter pilots; including me; the only female one.

The other ten; which I rarely see if I have night flight are for transportation of ammunitions and stuff like patrolling fighters and saving us from crashes.

"Earth to Sylvia!!" Drw says; waving a hand in front of me.

"Yeah hiii" I reply sarcastically.

"Okay you know last night; my sis completely fell off the hood of her car while I was trying to click her pic for her instagram." Drew begins another spinning story of his sister.

God; why  am I friend zoned by Drew?

Ugh.

I excuse myself to go the the washroom to get rid of his chatter.

I wash my face; when I see her again.

But now I know who the woman is.

My breathing starts to get hyperventilated; and the mist forms again.

"I know I am Mist" I choke out.

And for the first time; the woman speaks to me; her back turned.

"Took you so long then"   she says; her cold voice sending shivers through my spine.

"How are you...alive?" I asked reluctantly.

She gives a cold laugh.

"I am a spirit; Mist. And I have come here to finish my unfinished work. Through you. If you hadn't interfered; this wouldn't have happened." She says.

If I hadn't interfered; he would have been dead. I think.

"You are my weapon; now." She says; and disappears.

I can breathe again.

But now I know what she meant.

I have been saved from death by the devil.

          ●         ●        ●

Hey y'all!!! Wassup??
I'm BACk!!!!
Thank you for the support this story has been receiving ❤️❤️❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment your suggestions !!!!

~xoxo
Thunderstruck💓