▲12▼

I knew it was the Head of the airforce as soon as I heard his voice.

It was deep and toned; and we were familiar to hear commands from it everyday.

But not this way.

"Pilot 11 Sir." I said in my best voice.

The Chief didn't waste any more time.

"A high damaging bomb has been found on the top most floor of Hanging Valley Arcade three and a half hundred meters to your south west. We are sending a helicopter immediately.

You and Pilot 13 have to deactivate the bomb by landing the helicopter on the roof of the building.

Pilot 18 will drive the plane back to the airport."

The call ended and the red light stopped beeping.

Pilot 13. Drew. He was with me. I suddenly felt a feeling of protection.

I could hear the faint sound of chopper as it approached us.

Harry wasted no time. He took the main seat in the cockpit and held the plane stable.

Me and Drew hoisted ourselves towards the emergency exit shutter and as the chopper approached; we wrenched the shutter open.

The strong force of air nearly made me blow away; but Drew's protective arms were instantly around my waist.

I felt a warm feeling ; but it turned to guilty.

The helicopter arrived at a level to us and steadied it's speed. It hauled a rope to the other side and we held on it tightly.

Soon; we were hauled inside the tiny helicopter and the pilot of the helicopter went into our jet.

I sighed a sigh of relief; but suddenly anger coursed within me.

I has such a good chance to die. But I blew it.

But my thoughts changed instantly.

I cannot be so selfish. What about him ? It is my fault he is suffering if he is still alive.

A gut-wrenching feeling passed through me as I realized a feeling I had not felt for my entire life.

The will to live.

I actually want to live. I won't die. I won't leave him like this. I thought as I took the chopper forward.

* * *

We landed soon on the terrace of the highest floor and the air blew strongly.

I was getting commands from my Chief as he told the exact location of the bomb.

It was at the very edge of the terrace. At the other side.

I sprinted towards it; but Drew stopped me.

"Sylvia.I am going. " he said firmly.

"But-" I protested bit realized that Drew had a point. He was stronger than me. He had a slightly less chance of being blown away.

I nodded my head and got busy with assembling the deactivating material.

The wind turned stronger and dusk melted into night; the skies turning a soft blue with the usual orange haze from the city.

Suddenly; all the breath knocked out of me ad I felt a familiar suffocation. A thick mist spread over the building.

I feel scared. Not her again.

But it is that woman with her back turned to me.

"Torture. Torturing your loved onesss ....." she screamed in a ragged voice.

And she disappeared.

I felt horror rising in my chest.

And I heard Drew's scream.

My heart fell in my chest.

I am not going to let Drew die because of that b*tch.
I think; and rush towards Drew to see a horrible sight.

● ● ●