▲14▼

Just as Drew is about to reply me; the red alert phone rings again. I pick it up; startled.

I have aldready reported the progress to the Chief; so what now? Another Red Alert?

My hands trembling ; I answer the call as Drew watches me; relieved that he doesn't have to answer my question now.

"Pilot 11 reporting Chief." I say in my best official voice.

Outside; a clap of thunder is heard as the thunderstorm rages further.

I hear the Chief's voice; distant and muffled due to the storm.

"Pilot 11. Pilot 13. Airport now.
End." The Chief finishes.

What? I can't even think right now.
Collecting my thoughts; I tell the news to Drew and we immediately take up the small helicopter.

Taking off in the slippery terrace is a bit hard; but I manage it anyway; as Drew stares at the stormy horizon; his face as impassive as a cold stone.

Not talking throughout the flight; we touch down at the airport smoothly.

I run inside; sheltering myself from the continuous warm rain and enter the Chief's office along with Drew by my side.

I expect the Chief to be there; but what I see is a gasping moment for me.

Trying not to exclaim out loud; I see the Chief and two other officers behind him.

Peter; too; is standing nervously at one side of the room; his face white and ashen.

And on the computer screen on the video call is*gasp* - The Air Chief Marshall!

* * *
I stare at the people in the room; confused.

Clearing his throat; the grim- faced Chief starts speaking in a cold voice while the Marshall looks on from the screen.

"Pilot 11. Pilot 13.-...and-" he continues; looking at Peter;
Pilot 18.........Is this a joke?"

"Wha-" I begin; but as the Chief starts speaking; I sense someone else in the room.

That woman.

The suffocating sensation grabs me again; but I resist it and try not to gasp for air.

That woman; her back turned to me is in one desolate corner of the room; appearing to be translucent.

I can see her long claws shining as they catch the light.

But no one else exept me can see her.

I keep quiet; and listen to the Chief.

"Pilot 11, 13 and 18. You have done a thing that has cost the Military a lot.

You are playing with lives; and wuth the sovereignty of the country. You are irresponsible and.....insane. Do you know how much this acy of yours cost us?" The Chief says; getting angrier by the minute.

I have no clue of what is going on.

"But what did we do?" Drew asks; trying to sound calm.

The Marshall answers this from the screen.

"What did you do? Dont you know that?" He asks.
We shake our heads in denial.

"Tell me; pilot 11. Why did you land on a building and call for a chopper?" He asks.

I am dumbfounded; when I see the silhouette of that woman in the corner.

She did something I think.

"I got a Red Alert from you; Sir." I say.

"Dont we have the FBI and the police to recover bombs?" The Chief asks; but the Marshall signalls him to be quiet.

"Pilot 11. I never sent any Red Alert message to you" he says calmly.

● ● ●