I

Present Day...

"Did you know there are more nipples on Earth than there are humans," I said as I blew a ring of smoke from my mouth.

Jace chuckled. "That was so random," He said. "Your so weird."

It was just me and him in his car, my feet on his dashboard, our seats reclined and its 2 in the morning. I loved this moment. I loved every moment I got to spend alone with him.

I've known Jace for 10 years now. Since I was 5. Its so obvious that over the years, I've developed strong feeling for him. Well, I can't say its obvious because he's so oblivious and doesn't know. Its so frustrating because I want to be more than just "best friends."

"But it's true," I said. We were both stoned as fuck. The feeling was amazing. I didn't want it to ever stop.

Jace shook his head and laughed. "I guess it is if you really think about it," He said.

"No. What is there to think about? It's common sense. Nipples double the amount of people on this planet," I said.

Jace looked at me and I looked at him. "You care way too much about this topic," He said and we both broke out laughing.

"Oh God. We are so fucking high," I said.

"Yeah. We are. Oh how I suck at life," Jace said.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. So you can't really suck at life," I responded.

"Yes you can because I do," He said.

"How?"

"No need to bore you with details of my life. But I am gonna ask you one thing," He said.

"Which is...?"

"Do you ever wish it were easier. Wish that you were better," He said.

"Never. I embrace the big ole, glorious mess that I am. Which is what you need to do," I said.

Jace sighed.

"Your right," He said

I was playing with my finger nails. I looked over at Jace who was staring out the window. There was pure silence for a moment until I broke it with a sigh.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Sure," Jace responded.

"So...There's this guy I like, like really really like," I started.

"Uh-huh," He said as he nodded his head.

"But he's so damn clueless and doesn't know that I like him. No matter how many signals I send his way, He still doesn't know," I said.

"Well, obviously he's dumb and can't take a fucking hint so you should stop throwing subliminal messages his way and tell him straight up that you like him," Jace said.

I chuckled.

"Okay...I like you," I said and looked over at him waiting for a reaction.

"Wait, I'm the dumb ass that can't take a hint?" He asked and I nodded my head with a big ass smile on my face.

"Woah...I-," He started but was interrupted by a beeping noise

"Where's that noise coming from?" He asked. I felt vibrations near me. Jace and I searched and searched until I found the device that was beeping.

It was my phone. The Avengers installed a tracking system when they gave it to me. They probably noticed that I wasn't in bed and are now tracking my very location.

"Fuck," I mumbled to myself.

The beeping sound got louder meaning they're close by. I quickly opened the car door and threw my phone on the ground. I stomped my foot over it, smashing it to pieces, destroying the tracker and an opportunity for The Avengers to find me.

I got back into the car. Jace looked at me and I stared right back at him. We both leaned forward, slowly breaking the space between us. I closed my eyes and continued the lean in. Soon I felt our heads bump. I opened my eyes to see Jace red as tomato and I was the same color.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," Jace said.

"Nah it's okay," I replied.

Jace and I both hit another blunt before slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap," I heard this
noise near me.

I opened my eyes and looked over at the window, the direction the noise was coming from to see Steve tapping on window.

Jace woke up shortly after I did from the same reason. He looked over at the window....then at me.

Jace put the window down. I know the smell of marijuana hit him strong. I can tell by the face he made.

"It's 2:30 in the morning and a school night. Can someone please explain to me what is going on?" Steve asked us.

We both stayed quiet.

"Hela, Let's go," He said. I looked over at Jace.

"Bye," he said.

"See you later," I replied as I got out the car and followed Steve to another car.

I was mad and really wasn't in the mood to talk so I remained silent.

We both got into the car. I watched as Jace pulled out of the lot and we did the same.