IV

"Why is it that I come back to hear that you have been causing nothing but trouble," My uncle says, his voice booming throughout the room.

I stayed silent.

"Answer me Hela," He continued to say. I looked dead at him in the eyes but remained silent.

My uncle put his head down and sighed. "Hela, Talk to me," He said, his voice was gentle.

"I don't know. Possibly because its just fun uncle. Being mischievous is fun. I'm sorry for wanting to enjoy life," I replied.

My uncle's head shot up after I made that comment. He just looked at me.

"What...What's wrong? Why did your head just shoot up after I said that and why are you staring at me?" I said.

My uncle shook his head.

"Nothing...It's nothing. It's just...Your comment reminded me of...Never mind," He spoke.

"No, Who were your going to say?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

"See this is what I can't stand about you. You're always keeping things from me," I said sounding pretty annoyed but upset at the same time.

"My comment reminded you of who? Was it my father?" I continued.

Uncle didn't say anything. I smirked.

"My comment reminded you of him, didn't it?" I said.

Uncle still didn't say a word. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Wow. What is it that you don't want me to learn about my father? You always avoid mentioning him around me and never answer any questions I have about him. All you've ever told me was he was a bad man and was in prison but never told me why. I know he's in Asgard at the moment but yet I've never gone there once not even to see my other family. I'm nearly 16 years old uncle yet don't know anything of my origin. Why? Huh... Why is that?" I said looking dead at him awaiting an answer. The volume of my voice increasing a little bit.

He still didn't say a word. I shook my head once again frustrated by my uncle.

"Unbelievable," I mumbled to myself.

"You really think that this is what's best for me. Don't you? I said aloud.

"Sorry to break it to you but its not," I continued.

"Is that why you've been skipping class and acting out?" Uncle finally spoke.

"I don't know. Probably. Maybe," I said more so to myself.

Suddenly a tear shed from my eyes. I didn't want to cry but I couldn't stop it. Tears just kept rolling down. Uncle noticed and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me; hugging me.

"I just want to see what he looks like, get to know him, see where I'm from. Is that wrong? Is that too much to ask for? It sucks and just pisses me off when you see other girls that have relationships with their fathers," I said as I sobbed in his arms.

Uncle pulled away from the hug and sighed.

"Hela...I want you to know that I love you and even though you may think that this is not what's best for you, trust me, it is. Its better this way," Uncle said.

I shook my head in disbelief once more.

"Well, we could both agree to disagree. Do me a favor and just stop talking to me. I don't want anything to do with you until you start treating me like an adult and telling me about my origin," I said and walked out of the room.

Tears still in my eyes, I rushed past everyone and ran straight to my room. I entered my room and wiped my eyes with my hands.

I took out my sketchbook, grabbed a pencil and started to sketch. Sketching always just calms me down. I was in my own zone and I loved it.