Chapter 5: Rage

HELLO. I'm uploading this super late, and I have school tomorrow, so I'll add all the links and stuff tomorrow! Enjoy and don't forget to VOTE for Watty Awards 2012!

-Death-

The rain had, on cue, one could say, begun to poor down like weights onto my bowed skull as I took in the scene before me.

Blood. Blood. Blood. Blood.

I was enraged with a powerful hunger after Faith had damaged my face, a powerful hunger; that a human's interior soul just could not sustain. I needed to kill, but most importantly I needed the thrill I got from the hunt. I needed to observe my prey from afar, know their every movie, counter them all, then feel the climatic, sensual part of it all--watching them, watch me...kill them.

It was pure luck that I had run into a abundant amount of demon's on my way back to my territory. My home, I guess I could call it. They were wonderers, meaning they had no specific clan or leader that they followed.

Demons. I just loved to discuss the species which lingered like black poison in my bloodstream. The murderous, sinful, and most inveigling side of myself could never quite be denied. I fought daily against the pull I had towards the beast, although I indisputably would lose. Clearly the demon I had once called my Father had unethically injected his genes into my Mother with an nefarious grin, knowing I would grow to loathe the race entirely.

Demons were considered a negative form of energy, possibly derived from an ancient rebellion at the beginning of time, when witches casted spells to the Unknown and Underworld, flourishing the negative energy already lingering in the air, and multiplying it by the millions onto humans. The Unknown had been newly been discovered through reflections in mirrors and pools of water. The Underworld was created for imprisonment of the Devil, which held him captive a decent amount of time. The bars of the prison was located at the core of the earth and it's bars were coated with flames hotter than the sun, and was where all pain, sorrow, ill-souls, and depression on Earth was absorbed, replaced with God's gift of contentment. It was guarded by the most watchful Guardians of Heaven. This is where the Devil stayed, wrapped within the scolding temperatures of the Underworld until God decided to make a pact with him.

The pact was this: if the Devil promised to somewhat help the Balance stay equivalent, which, in summary, was all of the energy on earth combined--negative or positive, having an equilibrium, so that chaos had a firm leash around itself. The Devil could escape the flames at the center of the earth and walk around earth under Heaven's thorough watch. The Devil agreed, but only if he was also marked the Punisher of the Underworld to those souls that had been marked with pure decay, because over the time he had there he had come to terms with his punishment, but also knew of the overabundance of negative energy unleashing from the Devil's screams of pain and heaves against God's prison; his instinctual attempts to escape. The negative energy that had escaped the Underworld acted like a plague, infecting thousands of humans each year, even a few Angels. God accepted the fact that although the Devil was sly and mistrusting, the creature, in the end, only had strong disagreements with their hierarchy, and was more than capable of restraining the darkness that had consumed him.

The Unknown, on the other hand, was considered a fluke in the creation of the Universe. And although the demon's existence and the Fallen's existence was most likely sparked by the Devil's darker force of nature, there are still beliefs that we, the demon's, had always lived within the shadows of Earth from the beginning of His creation. Thriving on fear, hate, destruction, and flesh--demon's, at a short amount of time--ruled Earth entirely with the Fallen, until God decided to smother the demon's, putting a generous amount into the same prison that the Devil himself had cooked in. In turn, the original demon's of the world all shook under God's wrath for a long point in time.