Chapter 6: Bonded

Hey! Sorry it took me so long to upload, I'm in the middle of Final's right now! Please leave feedback if you enjoyed the chapter/ disliked it. I know this is a little bit boring but I can't put every good part of the story all in one chapter or else it will be short! To the right is a fan made video I forgot to post that I thought was awesome. I have a lot of stuff like that that I'll try and post soon!
-xo

********************************************************************

I was sprinting into the darkening forest at full speed with a roar of anger and determination. The trees seemed magnificently taller, lanky, even, which branches that resembled a spiders crooked legs.

My legs were extremely achy from being in the same position in the church, when I was listening intently to Gabriel. I couldn't cease the fact that my vision was wavering as a throbbing headache lingered viciously in my sinus' and behind my eyes from crying. But, none of those restraints stopped me from taking each stride as I ran, like I was taking a leap across the Grand Canyon.

John. John. John. Can you hear me?

My long hair had broke free from its braid and was flowing like waves of black fire behind me. My arms were pumping back and forth vigorously as I ran like the wind, crunching every branch and rock in my path, that would have been painful to step on, had I had been absolutely numb of emotion.

He's a monster.

I let out another wail of anger and flew even faster through the winding dark forest. For a moment, I thought I heard a distant smother of leaves behind me and resembled a galloping animal. I picked up my pace, when I saw a large, dark shadow running in my peripheral vision, on four legs, and only a few feet away.

Strange enough, I wasn't panicking. I picked up my pace, and suddenly, it had become a race and game between me and the animal. As it slowed down, I slowed down. As I sped up, it sped up. I questioned for only a moment if it was my imagination, and that when I had reached a large clearing, laughing and wheezing as I caught my breath, and looking for what had been racing me--what had actually taken me out of my depression, for at least a moment.

Nothing was there. And that was what finally triggered my fear, made me feel once again. There was nothing there. The fact that I was going crazy because there was in fact nothing running with me.

And when I heard a crunch behind me, and turned. Before me stood a massive, angry-looking black stallion, with large dark eyes that became trained on me. He faced me with his side, black mane and tail whipping around as vigorous as my own long black hair. Scars lined the side of his body, as well as a bold, intricate black tattoo. Muscles coiled around his black thighs, chest, and neck with thickness. It was no ordinary stallion, I realized, it was a powerful, stunning, dangerous beast.

That was when I spotted the dark scars along it's ribs. The intricate black tattoo near its rear--which lingered across the animals long body with spidery branches until twirling into a symbol, which seemed to glow under the moon to a vivid white the longer I gawked at it.

Cruentas.

My breath froze in my throat as it started to approach me, it's head down. I hadn't moved at all, I was stuck in my place-- even as it's snout was inches away me. The beasts' posture grew rigid as it stood posed and solid in front of my small frame. It then chose to look down at me from under it's two inch long lashes, wind kicking up its mane wildly.

I was trembling so much, I couldn't even think straight. "H-h-hi there--"

The beast snorted extremely loud, which came along with a rush of hot air from its nostrils.