Chapter 5

* Sorry everyone for such short chapters!! I am trying to figure out what to do with this story! I had it figured out at the beginning, but decided against the original idea. I think I'm on to something though!:) Shout out to WattTeam for making my new wonderful cover:) I'll get it up ASAP Thank you all for the support!:) Not much happens in this chapter! It's pretty much a filler! Sorry!

I realized that  evening that I  couldn't run away without a game plan. I still needed a lot of things, on my list, that I haven't gotten yet. I needed to come up with a plan, and fast. Max has been abusive as ever these past few days. I figured it was because he lost his job, and couldn't buy beer. Serves him right.

I started looking around the house for my identification. I had my I.D in my purse but I still needed my social security card, and birth certificate. Max wasn't at home at the moment, which was rare. Since losing his job, all he does is sit on his ass. I rooted through my moms room, but had no luck. Then I checked in all of the drawers, throwing everything on the floor. I couldn't even find it there.

After an hour and a half of searching, I had to give up. She probably burned them a long time ago, I thought to myself. I had another option, and that was to go and buy all replacements. But that would cost money, money that I needed. After another hour of no luck searching I decided that getting replacements were my only option.

I grabbed a Hoodie off my bed, and slipped it over my head. I grabbed the teddy bear my dad got me, and took all the money out of it. I then sat on my bed, and counted it. I had to count if 7 times to make sure it was right. $632.78 saved after all these years. It must have been a long time since I last counted it, because I was only at $253.00 the last time I checked.

I silently Congraduated myself, for not spending it whenever I wanted to, like other thoughtless teenagers would. I was ecstatic. This should last me for at least a few weeks. I stuffed the money into the pocket of my jeans, and headed to the living room. I put my shoes on, and walked out of the house. I started walking to the library, and was thinking of what I had to get done today. I was so lost in thought that I bumped into something rock hard.

I must have flown back at least 3 feet.

" What the fuck!" I yelled.

After getting up and wiping myself off, I looked up at a man smirking at me. He was gorgeous. He was at least 6'2 with blue/green eyes. His hair was blonde but short, and his mouth was pulled up at the sides.

" Sorry about that, but you really should watch where you are going." the gorgeous man said, chuckling. I glared at him

" Ya, so should you." I said walking away.

I got to the library without any other incidents. I opened the library door, and a blast of arctic air blew in my face. I was thankful for my Hoodie. I hated cold weather, or the cold all together. I always had my Hoodie either on me, or with me. I walked up to the bright eyed librarian, that was sitting at the wooden desk.

" Hi, I just needed to use a computer " I said kindly, against my bad mood.

It wasn't her fault that, the gorgeous man didn't have any manners.

" Alright, just sign your name, and the time on that sheet of paper right over there." she said nicely, pointing at a clipboard and paper.

I wrote my name on the line, and looked at the clock. 3:24pm, and wrote that down as well. I sat down, and wiggled the mouse, making the computer come to life. I clicked the start button, and tapped twice, on the FireFox symbol. I typed in Google into the WWW. bar. Okay first things first. I needed a new birth certificate. I searched for about 5 minutes until I learned that I can get my social security card AND birth certificate at the court house. I can kill two birds with one stone.

I exited the page, and walked back to the front desk. I crossed my name of the paper, and clipboard, and said goodbye to the bright eyed librarian. I walked to the court house, in record time. I walked through the metal detector, and asked the man where I needed to go.

" Go up the elevator to level 4, and its your first door on the left." He said walking me towards the the elevator.

I walked into the elevator, and noticed they had some corny music on, just like in the movies. How original, I thought to myself. I pressed the small circle, that was around the number 4. The elevator rose with a  start, making my stomach slosh around.

Finally the elevator stopped abruptly, and a beep sounded as the metal doors opened up. I opened the first door on the left, and walked inside of the office. There were four lines that were open, all had people waiting, except the last one.

I walked towards that open line, and seen a lady, that had to be in her mid twenties. I told her that I need a replacement Birth certificate, and social security card. I had to fill out tons of forms in order to get it and after an hour of filling them out she finally handed me my birth certificate She then told me that I would have to wait about a week, and then I would get it in the mail. For security reasons. 

It felt like a small boulder was lifted from my shoulders. I was glad I didn't have that to worry about anymore. One thing down, a few more to go. I walked back home, and noticed that today has been the longest I have been out of the house, in a long time. I was exhausted.

I took a shower, and grabbed a book off my shelf. Every page  I turned I could feel myself getting sleepier and sleepeir.

I somehow fell asleep thinking of my dad.