three.

Without A Care In The World

It was the first day of summer and I was currently at Eddie's house stocking up food supplies with the Richie, Bill and Eddie, we were meeting up with Stanley afterwards.

"Take everything but the delicious deals, guys." Eddie command he leaned against the counter watching Bill and Richie shovel snacks into their bags. "My mom loves them."

"Hey, first you said the barrens and now you're saying the sewer. I mean, what if get caught?" Eddie continued. I sat on the counter next to Eddie swinging my legs, occasionally I would gently kick his leg.

"We won't, Eds." I reassured before going back to kicking him.

"The sewers are public works. We are the public, aren't we?" Bill explained as Richie walked to the other side of the kitchen. My eyes followed him with curiosity and when I saw him open a new cupboard I jumped off the counter and went over to him. I eagerly peeled into the cupboard only to see medical pills. Letting out a sigh of disappointment I slumped my shoulders and walked towards Bill. I felt like a lost puppy.

"Eddie, are these your birth control pills?" Richie asked with an arrogant smirk playing at his lips.

"Yes, I'm saving it for your sister." Eddie said as he went and closed the cupboard harshly. "This is private stuff."

I enthusiastically danced towards the front door which earned a laugh from all three of the boys. Hello, welcome to The Children's Hour Derry. The TV played in the background as Eddie's mother stopped us just before we left.

"Eddie, dear, where are you boys off to in such a rush?" It was clear she didn't see me so I stayed hidden behind the wall and listened closely to the TV. Our word of the day is "clown". They know what it means! My thoughts automatically went to my encounter with the creepy clown.

"Uhm, just m-m-my backyard, Mrs K. I got a new..." Bill stumbled over his words and stayed silent, thinking of an excuse.

"A new croquet set. Jeez, spit it out B-b-Billy." Richie saved the day, surprisingly.

"Okay. Oh and sweetie, don't go rolling around in the grass, especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get." I watched out the corner of my eye to see Richie roll his eyes.

"Yes mom." Eddie tried to shove us all out the door. Come on.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Eddie reluctantly walked towards his mother and kisses her cheek. Water surrounds us. Even it is upon us. They do not believe me? Try it at home. Whenever you are outside... The TV slurred off into silence as I stood there with my stomach in my throat.

"Do you want one from me too, Mrs K?" Richie started walking towards the obese woman but Eddie grabbed him and threw him outside. Mjrs K mumbled a silent "no" before going back to her program.

"Sorry mom." Eddie apologised while shoving Bill and I out the house. "Are you okay Lilly? You look like you've seen a ghost." Eddie took in my pale complexion and gave me a concerned look in return.

"I'm fine Eddie. Just a little light headed from the heat." I gave him a kind smile before looking down the street to see locks of curly hair flying in the wind. These locks of hair were connected to none other than Stanley Uris.

"You're late." I yelled as he got closer. Once he neared the house he got off his bike and walked over to us. That's when I noticed how pale he looked.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I walked forwards and delicately placed the back of my hand on his forehead.

"I'm fine." He grabbed my hand and moved it away from his face, not letting go. We both stood there staring deeply into each others eyes with huge smiles and faint blushes. It was like we were the only people in the world.

"Jeez guys! Come on let's go." Richie moaned grabbing Stanley's arm and pulling him away.

"So y-y-you and Stanley?" I heard a voice from behind me.

"Why? You jealous?" I turned around to Bill with a Cheshire cat grin on my face.

"Yes! He is m-m-mine." Bill stuttered, trying to keep a straight face. We both got on our bikes and cycled to catch up with the others, laughing without a care in the world.

A/N So what are your thoughts so far? I'm currently trying to update everyday but know with school that that ain't going to work but I promise to do it as much as I can.

Til next time,
-I x