CHAPTER 34

I wake up alone in George's room.

His side of the bed has the quilt flipped back so I know he was once by my side but now he is gone. Groggy I sit up and look at the clock.

11:07, it reads.

I sit up, grab my phone and lean against the headboard. There are no missed calls from Reece so I assume he is still sound asleep. Perhaps if I rush to his apartment fast enough, he will not notice my absence and I can pretend I popped to the shop whilst he was asleep.

I slip out of the bedroom and look over the banister to see George sitting on the couch sorting through the many packages on his coffee table. He is focused, eyes trained on the dozens of plastic zip locks in front of him. It looks like something off Breaking Bad or Narcos, the way he is weighing the items on the scale and noting their measurements down.

As I gaze, a door creaks open and Otis emerges from his bedroom in nothing but a pair of briefs.

"Almost there," he says and gallops past me down the stairs.

Instead of joining George, he walks to the kitchen and I return to the bedroom in preparation to leave. Grabbing my stuff, I glance at my reflection before creeping down the stairs.

George doesn't turn around but I know he hears me when I reach the final step.

"Where are you going?"

He stands up from the couch, his slim body doubling as he stretches to full height. Unlike Otis who is barely clothed, he is in a t-shirt and shorts that are covered in marks. Fitted on his hands are a pair of gloves and he has a shower cap on his head.

"I'm going to meet Frieda," I blurt the quickest excuse that comes to mind. "We're going for lunch."

"Really?" He removes the comical cap from his head before sliding off the gloves and letting them drop to the floor. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he pivots his torso towards the kitchen and bellows. "Ain't Frieda supposed to be coming over Big O?"

"Not until the evening," Otis replies.

George smirks in that cheeky way only he knows how. "You can call her to come over and you can have lunch here? It's already mid-afternoon."

Shit.

I need to get back to Reece ASAP.

"You want me to stay?" I tease to try and make him uncomfortable.

"Yeah... well... after last night."

I wonder whether he is referring to my profession of love or the head I gave him later on. Either way, my presence had clearly put him in good spirits.

"Technically it was this morning," I tease and bridge the gap between our bodies, line his waist with my fingers.

He places his hands on his head and leans down to kiss me.

"True."

We stand in the middle of the living room kissing, so engrossed in each other's lips that Otis' entrance proves no bother to us when he starts removing the drugs from the table and taking them to a separate location.

"Can you guys get a room?" He curses when he returns for the last time. There is only one bag remaining and he appears to be taking it to the washroom to hide them in empty washing powder boxes.

Genius.

"You and Frieda show PDA all the time," I remind him, my arms still wrapped around George's body tightly.