Chapter 3

i groaned as i was shaken awake, "sweetie you gotta go

i groaned as i was shaken awake, "sweetie you gotta go. i told Jace i would let you go at first light." i nodded sleepily and went through my dresser that was still filled with clothes and grabbed a pair of black ripped jeans, a green and blue oversized flannel, and an oversized grey t-shirt. i took a quick shower and changed and slipped on my combat boots. when i glanced out of the tiny window in my room i saw the sun just shining through the blinds. i frowned a little and met my dad in the living room. he gave me a bagel with cream cheese on it and i ate it quickly before rushing to my room and stuffed clothes in my extra duffle i found last night. i walked out and saw Alec and Jace in the doorway and my breath hitched. i squared my shoulders and my eyes watered when i knew i had to say goodbye to my dad again.

"oh sweetie....you will see me again im sure of it." i nodded as he pulled me into a hug as i cried in his chest. "your puncture wounds on your neck are slowly healing." he whispered in my ear and i shrugged. i pulled away and walked over to Alec and Jace and glanced at my dad one last time, "i love you daddy." he smiled, "i love you too kiddo. keep her safe. and Alec, if you hurt my daughter again i will kick your ass." he nodded, "dont worry...my night was hell without her." i smiled a little but frowned.

we walked out of the hotel and i saw Camille smirk. i flipped the bitch off and my dad growled, "Camille stay away from my daughter." she smirked at me and walked back into her desintated room and i rolled my eyes. "take care of my little girl okay?" the boys nodded and i gave my dad one last hug, "punch Ryan for me will you?" he chuckled and nodded and kissed my forehead before letting me go.

"Ari i believe you and im sorry..." Alec confessed as soon as we got outside of the hotel. i nodded, "its fine...." he sighed and shook his head, "no it isnt. i got jealous for no reason. you were trying to tell me that he was your father and i wouldnt listen."

"ill let you guys talk.." Jace awkwardly spoke and moved away from us and pulled out his phone texting someone probably Clary.

"look Alec it just hurt when you didnt believe me. i had my reasons why i couldnt tell you earlier." he nodded, "i know the Clave made you and him not tell anyone. Izzy explained everything to me. im so sorry babe..." i sighed, "its fine Alec...i got over it once i was with my dad again. truth is, is that i miss being here. this place was my home. from the age of 8 this was my home." he nodded, "i thanked your dad for saving your life when you were 8. he said that he didnt have the heart to leave you alone slowly dying." i smiled a little, "he told me that when i was 10."

"are we okay?" he picked up my chin looking in my blue eyes and i sighed nodding, "yeah we are." he smiled and pressed his lips against mine. i kissed back instantly and he smiled into the kiss as his hands cupped my face.

i pulled away and smiled up at him. he smiled down at me and kissed my forehead before grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers together and together we all walked back to the Institute. Jace soon followed us and we got to the Institute. we decided another option to get Clary's memories back, Magnus.