Round Three: Missing Heart of Hearts

Prompt: It has been many months now since the events in the forest took place. Training has resumed, as normal. Out of the peace Ellesméra has been experiencing, an Eldunarí comes up missing. You may choose for it to be your character or another who was on guard at the Eldunarí chamber when the incident occurred. In this challenge you must explain who took the Eldunarí, and why. You may include one other character from the competition in the entry.

Characters: Belle Liressdaughter(Nikkisha16), Lanalynn "Lana" Morningstar(bookworm12600), Lothiriel "Thiri"(32onedoesnotsimply), and Verity(LydiaSparrow)

The characters above are either featured or only mentioned below in the following entry.

Score: 11/12. I received judges pick, which means I have immunity for the next round as long as my entry is turned in.

Warning, contains violence and mild swearing.

My Entry:

I screeched in my sleep. It was happening more and more often now, these night anxiety attacks. I would yelp, weep, and scream in my sleep. The perspiration from my night terrors covered every crevice of my body and sheets as I bludgeoned my pillow and tore viciously at my blankets. My red hair would be so immensely drenched that my sorrel hair would turn brown and my jaw would become so forcefully clasped my teeth and jaw would ache throughout my whole face.

This night, I yelped loud enough to wake myself. I lay, saturated with my own secretion, heaving on my mattress. I brought my palm to my forehead and caressed it before closing my eyes in attempts to steady my breathing.

Gereth stirred from his nest abruptly, his eyes skimming me.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I said.

My love, never be sorry. Are you alright? What was it this time?

You. And Belle, and the rest of my friends. You all were dead. There was blood everywhere.

My night terrors had occurred after the events at the edge of Du Weldenvarden. My mind had once been a passive solitude, where thoughts for only myself and Gereth resided. Now, I felt I was no longer secure in my own mind. When I had awoken from the terrors that had killed the doe in the forest, I was back in my dwelling here in Ellesméra. I had been informed that after Belle and I had been ruthlessly tortured, Solista and Lana had called Raugmar and Gereth to the scene who immediately returned us back to Ellesméra. Gereth had anxiously waited for me to come back to consciousness to tell my tale of the events.

After Queen Arya and the High Council were informed of what had taken place, Belle and I had been told the attacks on the forest had ceased. My assumption to why the attacks had taken place was to get that ominous declaration across to the Riders before whoever had caused the attacks could unveil their true plans.

The night terrors had begun shortly after I had become conscious, consisting of horrifying images of my friends, family, race, and home being ruthlessly destroyed and tortured. I had tried to search through the nightmares while they unraveled to find a culprit, but every time I had become remotely close, the edge of my nightmare would turn hazy and it would end only for another to begin.

I also began to experience the relationship between Belle and I periodically become more distant and then become closer. My assessment of the situation had been that both Belle and I were experiencing these visions and we felt it was solely the other person's duty to console the other.

Gereth rose from his nest, almost silently, and sauntered over to my mattress. He thrust his snout over me, exhaling hot vapor over my body. The cool scales on his snout brushed my cheek and I instantaneously embraced his snout with my forearms. I began to sob passionately; my throat began to constrict painfully and tears burned my cheeks.