30.

GATE B26 JUSTIN

Madrid (MAD)

Subject: Hey...

My parents (and family) are coming into town in a few weeks for that marriage proposal I told you about. We'll both be in New York that weekend, and I was wondering if you wanted to be my date (casual...just casual) at dinner?

-Shay

Subject: Re: Hey...

This email is not about fucking.

-Justin

Subject: Re: Re: Hey...

LOL. I'm aware. (Haven't received one of those from you in awhile, so thank you for the laugh :-) ) Would you like to come, though? It might ease my nerves if you're there...

-Shay

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Hey...

Why would I want to meet your parents, Shay? Would you introduce me as the guy you're fucking?

-Justin

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey...

I would introduce you as my friend.

-Shay

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey...

We're not friends.

-Justin

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey...

Okay...Are you having a bad day or something? Something wrong?

-Shay

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey...

Justin? Are you there?

-Shay

I didn't answer that thread. I started another.

Subject: Dallas.

Meet me at A21 Thursday.

-Justin

Subject: Re: Dallas.

I'm not meeting you anywhere until you tell me what the hell is wrong with you. What's wrong, Justin?

-Shay

Subject: Re: Re: Dallas.

Nothing is wrong with me, Shay. A21. Thursday.

-Justin.

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Dallas.

I won't be there. Shoot your come in the trash can.

-Shay

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dallas

You will be there. Bring your mouth.

-Justin

She never responded.

Days passed and no new words from her ever came. And on Thursday, I stood in the bathroom near A21, realizing she wasn't going to show.

Agitated, I left and walked into the terminal-spotting her at a restaurant. She was sitting at a table alone with her arms crossed, looking off into the distance.

A part of me wanted to walk over and tell her to follow me back to the restroom, and another part of me wanted to apologize, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

She'd get over it.