Kingdom Of The Nanosaurs - chapter 20

20. New World Order 

Olaf van Linden did not show the least sign of obsequiousness as he led his prisoners through the main entrance of Buckingham Palace into the Grand Hall then marched them up the curving marble elegance of the Grand Staircase. Portraits adorned the walls as they had done since the reign of Queen Victoria. Gazing around, Morgan noticed that the Palace was still being run by its normal staff going about its routine business, although quite a few formally dressed footmen and other Royal servants watched the group of New World Order troops with undisguised sullenness and rage as the black and gold garbed soldiers strode imperiously into one of the most important buildings in the United Kingdom.

Van Linden led them along the East Gallery and into the Guards Room, which had the appearance of a gleaming white alabaster grotto. They were surrounded by marble statues with the particularly impressive figure of Queen Victoria gazing down at them from her plinth.

Van Linden stood in front of them and indicated to his men that they form a cordon. Morgan could see the evil blackness of the Shadix deep within his eyes. He had not been fully assimilated. That wasn’t possible, according to Tom, the human angel. But, the Shadix and other entities could use a human being like a conduit or passageway between dimensions; that much Morgan had gathered. Morgan could not get the notion of the Harooa Wave out of his mind. What was it? What would happen when it struck the Earth? Was it some kind of galactic tsnuami?

“The summit has just assembled in the State Dining Room,” van Linden told them. “Chancellor Natzler, as he will become, will begin by outlining the agenda. The delegates to the summit have helped to put that agenda together. The purpose of today’s momentous occasion is to demonstrate that the world cannot survive alone and that only a New World Order can oversee its salvation. We fully expect complete compliance and the Order will rapidly become the overarching world government. Eventually, all countries will seek to fall under its protection. Those that do not will perish.” He glared at Morgan. “Your parents are inside as members of the New World Order. We have to persuaded them to join. The alternative is that they, too, will be cast out into the cold. We require access to your mind, young man. There is something in your freak of a memory that we need. And we intend to acquire it. Whether you will be sane when we have finished with you or will need to be taken care of for the rest of your life in a New World Order sanatorium cannot be determined at this time.”

“What about me?” growled Winston, struggling and chafing inside his collar.

“Ah yes, the ape,” smiled van Linden. “Chancellor Natzler has unfinished business with you. We need to be independent of any, shall we say, deviant attitudes towards our work so, the same goes for you as for the Lane boy.”

“It’s never going to work,” snapped Morgan. “You can’t force us.”

“Oh, but that is precisely what we can do,” van Linden replied icily.

“I don’t think I can let you do that,” said Tom quietly.

Van Linden regarded the trucker with undisguised malice. “Well, we know what you really are, don’t we? Both you and the girl are surplus to requirements. When this interview is over you will both be cast out and you will never see the boy and the ape again.”

Lin bridled. “Says who?”

Van Linden did not deign to answer the question. He just said. “You will be introduced to the delegates as part of the summit programme. There will, no doubt, be a short and emotional reunion with your parents, young man, and then there will be an ultimatum that your father will be forced to comply with. This is part of the reassurance we must provide to our very important guests.”