The Last First Day

The Last First Day

The next morning, I woke up in Renee's satin sheets. Sitting up abruptly, I noticed both Renee and Rebecca sprawled on the shaggy purple area rug that was two shades off from her walls. The curtains and everything else in her room was purple or a color that closes resembled it. I turned to my left to see her purple Dino (from the Flintstone's) wall clock staring at me. It read 6:15am. School started in an hour, but of course we weren't going to school. We were going to Summer Mourn, the hottest party ever. They throw it every year, and it is completely exclusive only the hottest of the hottest are invited. It only supposed to be for Seniors, but last year we got a lucky invite and there is no way we are going to miss it.

Pushing the incredibly soft cover aside, I place my feet on the floor. "Guys wake up," I shouted. They didn't even budge. I bent down until I was right next to Renee's ear and screamed, "Get up!"

"I'm up. I'm up," she said struggling to get her leg out from underneath Rebecca.

"How did you manage to sleep like that," I asked wondering exactly how heavy Rebecca was. She looked tiny but from the way Renee was struggling she had to be heavy. Standing from my place on the rug, I helped Renee push Rebecca off of her. It took us three tries, but on the third push Rebecca rolled off and woke up as her head collided with the wall.

"Omigosh, Rebecca are you ok," Renee said running to her aid. After the twenty minutes it took to get everyone outside of the bedroom, I said, "Renee what are you wearing?"

"I thought we were gonna wear the matching blue plaid for the last first day," She said as if she was scared to face me.

"Are you guys forgetting Summer Mourn? We have to go! If you guys ditc-

"Ok ok I'll change," Renee said cutting off the rant she must have felt coming on.

We were dressed and ready fifteen minutes before school started but an hour after the party started. I was in a gray tank top with a gray sequenced scarf loosely wrapped around my neck, black skinny jeans with holes in the knees, a black studded open toed ankle boot, a black leather jacket, and some black Gucci sunglasses. Rebecca and Renee were both in a white jersey dress that stopped mid thigh. Renee's with a silver chain waist belt, a long chain necklace with a silver heart shaped medallion, while Rebecca had on leather bow shaped silver waist belt, suede beige wedges, and a silver Prada clutch.

"I'm driving," Rebecca squealed. Both me and Renee went to sit in the back. No one ever wanted to be stuck up front with Rebecca; she had a tendency to not only talk too much but to be slightly annoying.

Turning to Renee I said, "Where were you last night? You pretty much disappeared after the bar and then we found you outside sitting with the smokers. You like totally missed it. Jaz came up in there tryna start some shit."

"Forealz," Rebecca stated from the front seat.

"Well you won't guess what happened to me," Renee said.

"Jaz trick ass self still mad I got Kevi. Even though, that was like seven years ago," I said still a little hype from our encounter last night.

"I know right, some people," Rebecca said when she should have been focusing on not crashing.

"Anyways like I was saying. . . Last nigh-

"Why do you keeping cutting me off," I said getting somewhat annoyed with Renee's constant interruptions.

"I found out this trick is GAY total lezbo," Renee said avoiding my gaze.

"Who Jaz," I said looking her up and down in question.