Chapter Nine-A Reason Just to Dance With You

One would suggest that the brightest witch of her age, should not be even in the slightest bit attracted to the teenage Voldemort.  In fact she herself agreed.  However the brightest witch of her age should also not have accidentally traveled into the past.  Yet here she was, sitting across from Tom Riddle in the year 1943. 

"Good morning Riddle. To what do I owe the pleasure?" she asked with sarcasm, yet he was naturally amused, his arrogant smirk spreading on his face.  Sometimes she wondered if he held any other expression.

"Good morning to you too Granger.  I was just curious as why you are in a library at six o'clock in the morning.  Do you ever do anything but read?" 

"Do you do anything but stalk girls all day in hope they will actually go out with you? Or have you given up at this point?"

"Ouch.  I would find that offensive, but I think one has already fallen for me."

She rolled her eyes. "Riddle. Stop. I think we have established that this will never happen."

"You can say that all you want Granger, but it doesn't mean it's true." He picked up the book in front of her, and examined it.

"Hey!" she protested letting out a sigh.

He met her eyes, and held the book out Gingerly. "Fine. You can have it back."

She looked at him curiously for a moment. She reached for the book. "Thank you-"  But as she grabbed a hold of it, he pulled the book back, causing there lips to collide.  It was a chaste kiss, however it still sent butterflies through her. 

He had pulled away, a mischievous glint in his eye.  "See. I know you want me." he whispered.  He then disappeared around one of the bookshelves, leaving her utterly confused.  It was a foul trick, and had happened faster then she could register.  Yet it had worked exactly how he intended.

--------------

Snow began to fall, blanketing the grounds in white layers. It was the first snowfall of the year, the kind where you would press your face up against the window pane, just to glimpse the falling snowflakes.

Hermione took notice of this, and seeking an escape from her over analyzing mind on Tom Riddle, she made her way outside for the walk in the new-fallen snow.

The cold hit her as soon as she stepped from the castle, and even though it stunned her, her mind still fell back to Riddle. The fact that she had kissed him three times now worried her. But she swore she would never again.

Her attention flickered to a group of Ravenclaws trapping through the snow, from the look and sound of it, having a nice time, as laughter echoed from the group. She pressed her tongue to the roof of her mouth, jealous of the friends.

She missed Ron and Harry terribly, especially since they would have gone to hogsmede already, as it was tradition with the first snowfall. She wondered if they were ok with out her. She was so lonely in this time. It's not like she had anyone to confide in, other than Abraxas and the dark lord. Great. Her only acquaintances in the past, were the ferrets grandfather and Voldemort, the most feared wizard in her time. Lovely.

In some decision she ended up making her way to hogsmeade.   Finally reaching the village after a short walk, she took in the familiar surroundings.  Hogwarts students were about the cobbled street, snow sticking to their hair.  She walked further through the village noticing shops were filled, and the displays held many trinkets. It looked much more lively during the day, verses the barren darkness she experienced when coming here for a room the first night she arrived.