Chapter Seventeen-It's Time

"Would you leave me Alone!"

"No!" He shouts, stepping so close he stares right down into the brown eyes that are glaring at him with so much force that he has to meet them with equal intensity. "Where is my diary?"

She shakes her head to herself, finding the situation ironic. "Diary?! Don't you mean your soul?"

His  dyes darken, and he shifts backwards into the shadow hidden from the moonlight in the winter night.  Frigid with a chill that gives her goosebumps, but it doesn't matter.  Now is the truth.  His reaction, what he would say, she wasn't quite sure the expectation for the confrontation.

"What on earth are you talking about?" He asks quietly, strangely softer and in a tone she had never heard before. 

"What do you mean what am I talking about? You know very well, I wrote in it and found out you already transformed it into a horcrux.  You split your soul."

He didn't say anything, just shock held him like a person ill in the vice of death.  The silence was getting to her, and upsetting the feeling that something was not right.  "Granger, I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Riddle don't play dumb, just tell me!"

"Tell you what!?"

She frustrated with the entirety of the situation closed her eyes. 'breathe just breathe' and with the concentration she summoned the leather black journal. The journal she had confided in the prior night  She opened her eyes, outstretching the item. "This diary! I know it is a horcrux." 

He pulled out a leather black journal exactly the same, and she furrowed her brow, eyeing it skeptically.  "oh" she said in a faint whisper under her breathe.  "May I?" She asked in all politeness, their fighting in the past few weeks forgotten. 

She clutched onto the book, opening to the first page.  But it wasn't blank, it held a date, and messy scrawl.  The next page a date and an entry.  The next a moving picture.  It was the diary. Tom Marvolo Riddle's diary, except it was filled with writing.  No blank pages. "How is this?" she muttered to herself.

Then she shifted back to the blank one tucked under her arm.  Then it all came crashing down on her.  She went to the future with Tom, ran into professor Riddle.  He had slipped something in her bag.  His diary that was already a horcrux.  There were two diaries. One that contained a soul and one that.....that meant that he hadn't transformed it yet.

She hesitated meeting his eyes, realizing her stomach had built this desire. And the girl threw her self forward, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug that he reciprocated, staggering slightly under her weight.

He moved her hair slightly pressing his lips to her ear. "Do you still hate me Granger?" 

She closed her eyes tight, just trying to absorb his closeness. "No. I don't hate you." She said it quickly. 

As a result she felt him relax against her, and she smiled.  She smiled more stupidly than she had her entire life. But then a chilling thought traveled through her. Why did she forgive him so easily? "I just don't know you."

She broke apart from the embrace.

"Oh come on? What is it?"

"You know everything about me. Do you realize I could just go back? I fell like you don't really want me here?"

"That's not true. It's just, I like someone to bicker with. And um...". He threw her the time turner. "You miss them."

"What?" She asked confused on where this conversation was going.