Chapter Ten-I Am Lord Voldemort

She approached him first.  For the first time in what felt forever.  And not to
yell at him, or get back at him.

He was scribbling on a piece of parchment, his hair hung slightly in his face. Studying him caused her to inhale a breathe, as she admitted in that moment he seemed very attractive.

As she reached him, he looked up from the parchment a smirk instantly plastered causing her to grin.

"What are you working on?"

"Nothing important Granger."  He noticed her grin, causing a warm feeling to spread through him. "What are you smiling at?"

"Oh don't worry, no one important." She retorted.

He shook his head and looked back to his parchment.  He rolled it up quickly. "Did you want something Granger? Or did you just want to admire me all day?"

She leaned forward, as profesor Slughorn was at his desk at the front of the room.  "I was wondering if you wanted to practice dueling after school."

"Wanted to try a new hex out do you Granger?"

"I'm serious."

"Fine." He agreed.

"Where?"she asked.

"Well it's obvious, the ballroom."

"Chess room." She corrected.  "And alright....I mean, If that is where you think we should meet." She said doubtingly, and smiled as he furrowed his eyebrows at her tone.

"What? Do you have a problem with that meeting point?"

"No...no, unless you think there could be a better location. Like a place that offers everything you need for dueling, like it's intention was a dueling room."

"What are you getting at Granger?" He asked wearily.

"I'm not getting at anything. I'm just asking you if you would think any other location would be appropriate."

"No." He answered after analyzing her for a few moments. "You are getting at something."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." She lied, yet it felt convincing. 
His eyes searched her's, and it felt like he was exposing her entire soul.  The problem was, she didn't know if she intended for him to beleive her lie or not.

It had occurred to her this morning, or rather a thought came to mind.  She was walking in the fifth floor corridor, halting when the door appeared.  Walking into the room, she felt as though she was back in fifth year.  It was dressed the same way, to serve as a dueling room. 

And so, she wondered if Tom Riddle knew about the room of requirement.  This...slight suggestion of dueling would perhaps allow him to let it slip he did.  But she could not make it seem she knew of it beforehand. Yet would it matter really?

"Granger, if you have something to say, come right out and say it." He demanded, curiosity echoing through his voice.

"I'll meet you for dueling afterschool, send me a note of when and where."

"You seriously won't tell me anything more." He expressed in annoyance.

"There is nothing left to say." She glanced over her shoulder, attention drawn to the students entering the classroom.  "I'll see you later."