Chapter Eleven-A Glimpse of The Future

No bushy hair.  No walking library.  No witty comebacks.  No smile.  No frown.  No soft lips.  No honey brown eyes.  No dueling partner.  No purpose.  Nothing left.

The list went on and on in his mind as he stared out the classroom window.  Never had he felt this empty.  Never.  It had been 13 days and 15 and a half hours to be exact since he had last seen Granger.  And not even the stupidest person alive could deny that she had left.  What was worse, was that it was his fault. 

He, was the one that told her to leave.  And he would forever hate himself for it. 

No one else shared his pain.  No one else seemed to care the slightest. 

(If this next part is confusing, I'm sorry.  Basically Tom drifts asleep while in the class, and it seems real.  Everything in italicizes is in the dream.)

"Tom..."

He glanced up at the dwat professor Dumbledore that was looking at him expectantly behind his half moon glasses.  "What?" He drawled.

"I asked you the incantation to turn a candle into a rabbit."

"I have no idea." He replied honestly.  How was turning a candle into a rabbit useful?"

"Curious.."The professor stated in his delicately odd voice.  He turned to the class. "Does anybody know how to turn a candle into a rabbit?"

The class stared at him blankly. "Curious....all of you say you don't know.  But you do know.  For instance I'm about to tell you how.  Does anybody have a clue who knows in this room besides me?" Again he was met with blank stares.

He grabbed a clock of f his desk and moved the minute hand five notches to the right.  "Now.  I will ask you again.  Does anyone know how to turn a candle into a rabbit?" 

Tom furrowed his eyebrows.  It was obvious.  One would just point at the candle and mutter 'Candrebo'.  Yet he hadn't known that before. Why? It's as though the answer just popped into his head.

The rest of the room looked as confused as he, and he heard a few "Candrebo"s being muttered.

"You see..." The professor held his two forefingers in front of him.  "You all knew the answer, just not five minutes ago."  He stared directly at Tom.  "Sometimes patience, and waiting, is the only way to truly know."  He paused for what felt like an eternity.  "Remember that."

He reached for the clock once more, yet Tom's vision shifted, and he felt as though he was drifting into a sleep.  He vaguely heard the professors voice, but it seemed distant as he drifted away. "Oops, too far..." Dumbledore muttered.

Tom opened his eyes again yet he was sitting in the back of a classroom, next to some blonde boy who appeared to be etching the word mudbood into a desk. 

"Could I have your attention please?" A voice called from the front of the room.  Tom glanced up, landing his eyes on an old lady ravished in Green robes.  Her Grey hair was pulled tightly into a bun, and she stood with a very strict posture.  "Right. Now today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets."

Where the bloody hell did Dumbledore go? Had he blanked out that long.  Did another class come in here while he dozed off.  Not to mention he didn't recognize anybody in the room, even the teacher. 

"Like so." She held her wand up to some bird. "One...two...three...fereverto!"

The bird transformed into a cup, causing the room to gasp in awe.  It was only a transfiguration!  How was it that impressive?