Canada x Raped!Reader: Safe Haven (Pt. 1)

Fear. Anxiety. Terror. Uncertainty. Brokenness. Unsafe. Impure. Disgusting. Filthy. Slutty. That's all I've been able to feel since that day.

    "What day?" you may be asking yourselves, "What is she talking about?"

    I'm talking about the day I lost my innocence.

    The day I was no longer a virgin was the worst day of my life. I've felt impure, unclean, damaged. I hate it. I hate these feelings. But I can't bring back my innocence, and I can't erase the memories of that day from my mind. Whenever I close my eyes, it's like I'm there again. I feel all the pain and terror.

    The day I was raped was the day my life shattered and became a pile a broken glass, shiny enough to catch people's unwanted attention and sharp enough to defend myself with.

    But how can a heap of glass that's already been broken hope to protect itself from being broke again?

*°*°*°*

    "Do I really have to go up there?" I whimpered, my body shaking in fear at the thought of going and talking to a stranger about what happened two months ago.

    "Yes," my mother replied patiently, almost sighing. "We've been through this, baby. Talking with a professional will help you. He'll guide you through how to let go of all the fear and to feel safe again."

    "Whoa, whoa, whoa," I said, my voice rising a bit and my tone getting shrill due to nervousness. "Did you say he? You got me a male therapist?"

    "Yes, he was recommended as the absolute best. Ah, speak of the devil! There he is, coming down the stairs." My mom closed her magazine and placed it on the coffee table in front of her as she stood up to greet the man.

    I turned around to stare open-mouthed in horror as a man in about early to mid twenties came walking down the stairs towards us. My shaking became more violent, and I began to hyperventilate in fear, tears pooling in the corners of my eyes. I stood up from my chair to keep both adults in view easier.

    "Mr. Williams!" my mother greeted, rushing to the stairs to shake the man's hand once he was down. "So good to see you again. (Name), come here and meet Mr. Williams. He's very nice."

    "Hello, (Name)," the man said. He smiled gently at me, keeping a respectful distance and not taking one step in my direction.

    I couldn't tear my gaze from him. Even his unusual little stray long hair that did a little loopty-loop curl near the bottom and unusual purple eyes didn't catch my attention. All I could think was danger, pain, fear.

    Run.

    "(Name), it's rude to stare and to not respond when someone speaks to you," my mom scolded.

    Run!

    I took a step back.

    "It's alright (Name)," Mr. Williams assured gently. "You needn't been afraid. I have a little 'stuffed' bear you can snuggle with back in my office if that would help you feel safer?"

    RUN!

    I took one glance at the exit, then returned my gaze to my mother and the stranger. I glanced back, and both adults knew my plan.