HUNGER

Nanti closes all the blinds in his office as Élan stands there, bewildered, like a young boy in deep trouble.

She knows he has t minus one hour for his lunch break but she will stay however long she needs to get her point across.

"Are these walls thin?" She asks.

"I️ don't know,"

She rolls her eyes. When she approaches him again, so alarmingly close she looks up at him, faced with the realization that his hunger has nothing to do with the Italian sausage and linguini in the takeout box. He wants her but he will not have her, not today.

"What's her name?"

He hesitates, taken aback by the question.

She slaps him so hard, it sounds like a crack of lightning across his cheek.

His breaths deepen and those lovely eyes lower and she thinks he might like this a little too much.

She grabs a fistful of his hair and yanks his head back until he yelps out the answer to her question.

"Faye, huh. By cheating are we talking full on penetration?"

He doesn't answer at first which is all she needs to know.

"I️ can't fucking believe I'm in this predicament."

She slaps the living hell out of him again and he just takes it, pants a little then sits down in his office chair to put some distance between them.

"Get. Up." She demands and as always he obeys.

"How could you do this to me. How could you do this to me." She shakes her head, walking back and forth; he opens his arms to hold her but she shoves him away with such a ferocity that he backs into his desk from the force. A picture of them in Paris on their honeymoon falls face down.

She wants to punish him. He doesn't realize the collateral damage he has caused.

He wants her to hit him even harder, he really wants to feel it. She doesn't realize that he understands the depths of her love from the pain he inflicted on her that she reciprocates on him.

"I'm so sorry, Nan. So sorry," he's breathing hard again, bracing himself for another blow.

She slaps him for the last time and the skin on his cheek splits a little. The side of his face is as red as her dress. He leans against the chair, panting with his eyes sealed shut.

"This is not for anyone else to use. To bounce on, to swallow, none of that. This is supposed to be mine and you soiled it." She's angry calm, hand gripping between his legs.

"Oh god," he mumbles and rests his head on her shoulder because he hasn't been touched by her like this in quite some time.

"This is mine. We didn't exchange vows for you to forget that."

She rubs him through his dress pants, tugs to emphasize then releases and he stifles a moan.

"Oh god." He's sweating a bit on his forehead and sits down now because he has to.

"Where did you fuck her?"

He gulps and gestures toward the desk. She shakes her head. "That is so disgusting. You willingly allowed her to contaminate your dick and your desk."

"Nanti, what the hell was I️ supposed to do? You weren't communicating with me? I️'m in love with you and I️ was questioning everyday if you loved me back. You're so guarded towards me, it never used to be like this. What happened? What happened to us? Because slowly it became me and you. Us just vanished."