STILL IN LOVE

Nanti doesn't mean to say it. She really doesn't. It slips out when she decides to fix Élan breakfast one morning, in which the moon is remarkably close to the sun.

"Earth boy."

That long lost nickname, is retrieved like a balloon floating in space and neither of them know how to react. He stares at her with those eyes and she covers her mouth because it abso-fucking-lutely betrayed her.

Things have been better since the therapy session, they sleep in the same bedroom, there's more warmth and less hostility but Élan is aware that his wife has an incredibly huge ego. She hardly admits when she is wrong, thus one climatic therapy session is not enough to have her humbled and apologetic.

But she said it.

His nickname!

His ears are so happy that they did their job and heard. He gives her a coy smile and she cringes.

"I didn't- "

"No take backs, darling." All teeth are on display and he courts her, traps her between the dishwasher and stove.

"I love you," he draws out, and hugs her.

He knows she wants to say it back but she does not. That damned ego.

He reaches for the speaker in the kitchen and holds out his hand.

"I'm cooking breakfast, remember,"

"It can wait,"

And they slow dance to reggae like they used to when they first met.