Chapter 8

Jackson's POV

I almost kissed her, I almost kissed her! Why did I do that? Why do I feel like I'm falling for her? I hardly know her! I don't to committed relationships! I doubt she does either! We were actually starting to become friends, and I ruined that! It's okay, I'm sure I can fix this. We can just pretend it never happened.

It's not like I even wanted a relationship, I was just physically attracted to her. That happens to everybody, I'm sure if I wait it out maybe hook up with someone else it will pass.

--------

It was finally Saturday, and I decide to go to the small twenty four hour gym they have next to the bar. It's really convenient for all the street fighters, since you can always practice and then go fight. I change into a light-weight black top, and some sweatpants. I sling my gym bag over my shoulder and hop into my car.

--

I walk into the gym, and I am greeted with the smell of rubber and sweat. The bright lights shine down on all the equipment, this is good, this is what I need right now. To let off some steam. It was two o'clock in the morning, and I could only see one other guy on the running machine in the entire gym.

I decide to go to the punching bags first. I walk through all the people and equipment to the very back of the gym, where there is a small fighting ring and mats lining the floor and around ten punch bags all lined up. The first thing that I see as I walk in is Violet.

It was the middle of the night, what the hell was she doing here? And on the same night? How did that happen!

Her back is turned away from me, and she is beating the hell out of a punching bag. I actually believe that she could break it open. She is wearing a pair of leggings and a sports bra, and you can see the sweat gleaming off her body telling me that she's been here for a while. Abruptly, she stops and turns around. Our eyes instantly connecting. I break my eye contact, and I trail my eyes down her body. I couldn't help it, she is just too perfect. She has abs that line her stomach perfectly, and her legs and arms are so sculpted a statue would be jealous.

"Like what you see skipper?" She says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Just admiring." I say, dropping my bag on one of the benches. Violet lets out a hearty chuckle.

"Right." She says, turning back to the punching bag, she hits harder.

"Why are you here at this time of the night?" I ask her.

"Could ask you the same thing," was her reply.

"Wanted to let off some steam, couldn't sleep."

"Yeah, I guess I felt the same."

"Want to do a friendly fight?" I ask, gesturing to the ring in the middle of the room.

"Why? So I can beat your ass again?" She says, stopping to smirk at me.

"No, but won't you want to try and beat my ass again?" I say, lifting an eyebrow.

"Challenge accepted!" She says, walking towards me. I smile and take off my shirt. Now it's her turn to check me out. Her eyes glaze down my torso, then back up to my face. Her eyes filled with lust.

"Like what you see?" I mock, stepping into the ring.

"Oh, I was just admiring!" She says sarcastically, a cold smile forming on her lips. I quickly wrap my knuckles and we start the fight.

She circles me, her arms in a defensive position. She never attacks first, she's always on the defensive. So I decide that I may as well attack, I pretend to try and kick her stomach. She sees this coming at tries to block it but I stop and do a left hook to her cheek. She groans and stumbles backwards, her glare murderous. I laugh.

"Poor old shadow!" I say sarcastically, while she's still sending me daggers.

"You're dead scorpion!" She yells. She lunges at me, and tries to punch me but I am able to block it. She quickly follows up with a roundhouse kick, sending me to the floor. She straddles my waist, aiming punches at my face I manage to block most of them but she manages to hit my nose and cheek a few times. Suddenly, she grabs my wrists and holds them above my head. I try to pry free, but she is a lot stronger than I expected. Her glare is still murderous, but I think she realised the position we were in and she pauses for a moment. Giving me the perfect opportunity to flip our positions, now I am straddling her waist and holding her arms above her head. Neither of us move, and neither of us utter a sound. We are both panting as we stare at each other.

Suddenly, Violet sits upwards and crashes her lips onto mine. We moulded together perfectly, Violet clings onto my shoulders, pulling me harder against her. I groaned softly, then I circle my arms around her, gathering her against me, I push her back down onto the mat, tangled together, still kissing. My fingers grip into her hair, pulling her even closer. My veins throb and my heart explodes. I have never wanted anyone like this before. Ever.

--

Phew! Make sure to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter! :)