Chapter 2

MATT'S POV:

"Watch where you're going Nerd!" Ben says. If he thinks that nerd is an insult, then he is very wrong because I don't take it as one. It doesn't affect me at all. It does affect me, however, when he pushes me into lockers though. Ben has kind of been my bully for about 3 years now, since I was a Freshman.

"Are you deaf?! Apologize you idiot!" I must have spaced out for longer than I thought, because Im suddenly pulled into reality when Ben grabs my shirt collar and slams me into the nearest wall."Apologize!Now!"

"If I apologize, then you'll have to apologize too, because this was your fault as much as it was mine. And I don't think you'll be apologizing anytime in the near future, therefore I won't either." I tell him back.I hear his friends snicker. Well, all except Leo. He has the same expression he always has, which is kind of expressionless. No one has ever seen him laugh, or smile for that matter.But when I looked again I saw the smallest hints of a smile on that gorgeous face of his, but it was gone so fast that I start to think  that maybe I imagined it.

"Why, you little..." He must be mad because by now, he is red with anger and I see him raise his fist, so I close my eyes and expect the impact, my book long forgotten on the floor. After a while I don't feel anything so I open my eyes and see none other than Leo holding Ben's fist.

"Leave it." Leo says. And then he leaves us behind, shocked. Ben hesitates for a while but then drops me to the floor and leaves in the opposite direction Leo left. Jackson and Carter just stood there kind of shocked, but seem to snap out of it when I start collecting my things. Carter just scoffs and goes the same way Leo went while Jackson helps me pick my books and then offers me his hand and helps me get up too.

"Thank you," I say shyly as he gives me my books back.

"No problem, dude. Are you ok?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer.

"Cool. See ya!" And with that he leaves. 

Well that was weird. Not only did Leo stop Ben and my my heart racing from not just fear, but something else too. He has never done something like that. Sure he never hit or anything, but he also never stopped Carter from pushing me into lockers or calling me names. Maybe that's why I have such a huge crush on him. He's one of the only jocks that has never been mean to me. Not only that, but he's actually quite good to look at, with that black hair of his that looks so soft that I just want to run my fingers through, and those rosy lips that make me want to kiss him none stop, and let's not even talk about those gorgeous emerald green eyes that look like they're looking into your soul and trying to discover all your deepest, darkest secrets. And don't get me started on his voice! I just want to hear him talk about his life's ambitions forever.

I snap out of it when I realize that I am now 15 minutes late for class. Yei!

When I get inside the class I apologize for being late, and because it's not something I usually do, the teacher, Mr. Fallon, let me off with a warning. I see Macy and John looking at me with concerned stares and I mouth "later."

When class finishes I'm immediately bombarded with questions from Macy.

"Are you ok? Was it your mom? Did you hurt yourself? Was it that stupid Ben again?Because if it was, I will gladly kick him where the sun doesn't shine...repeatedly!"

"Macy! Chill, I'm fine! I just got a little late this morning 'cause I had to make pancakes for Chris," I explain.

"Oh, was your mom not home again?"She asks.

"Yeah, says she's working late again."

Then John says:" well, that's ok! You still have us! So, are we going to watch the game today?Go Foxes!"

I laugh at his enthusiasm and nod. And yes, our school's mascot is a fox, apparently because they're sneaky or something.

I run to second period, which I happen to have with both Jackson and Leo himself. I have maths with seniors because the teachers thought it would be more appropriate for me seeing as junior maths was too easy for me. So here I am. A Junior, in a class full of Seniors. I walk inside the class and notice that I'm one of the first ones to get there except for some of the cheerleaders and one other guy. The cheerleaders never liked me either, I don't know why, so don't ask. 

To get to my seat I have to go through their table, so I brace myself for the comments. Only it wasn't insults this time, but when I notice Laurel's foot, the head cheerleader, it's too late. I'm already dropping my books and falling face flat on the floor.

"Watch it loser!" Laurel says. God her voice is annoying. It's so nasal. 

I ignore her while rolling my eyes and walk to my seat in the back corner.

A few minutes go by when the class starts filling with students and in come the jocks in all their glory. I make brief eye contact with Leo, and I look away, blushing. After a while, I keep feeling like I'm being watched so I look over to see Leo is still looking at me. Man, those eyes!! We make eye contact until Laurel gets in the middle and pretends to trip over Leo's bag and falls onto his lap, pressing  her breasts to his chest. He looks at her annoyed for a while, but then she's kissing him and he's kissing her back. Woah, that hurt a lot more than it should have, so I just look back into my notebook and pretend to read it. I mean, I should have expected it, he always HAS been kind of a player.

After a few seconds I hear a shriek and look up to see Leo pushing Laurel off his lap looking kinda pissed. 

He huffs and says,"Jesus Laurel look what you've done. You got my shit all over the place!"

He says referring to the books she spilled all over the floor. He bends down to pick them and makes eye contact with me again. What is with all the eye contact today? I look back again and notice a familiar black notebook with a leather cover that he's putting inside his backpack, so I check my bag to see that my that my notebook is missing.Oh no, that's MY notebook! And not only that, but it's also the book where I keep all of the doodles I've been drawing of Leo himself for the past months. And now he has it! Oh dear God, no!