Chapter 32

Matt's POV:

It's been about month and a half since mom went into rehab. It's been tough readjusting, but as much as I hate to admit it, it wasn't as hard as it should be.

My mom hasn't been a mom in a while, so it really hasn't been that much of a difference around the house. Despite the fact, of course, that now when we see her, on the rare occasions when we're allowed to visit her at rehab, she looks like the mother I once had, which is defenitely s good change.

 She looks like she's genuinely trying to change.

One thing that I'm looking forward to, and at the same time dreading, is the fact that school ends in two days.

I'm very ready for Summer vacation after a year of hard work, as is probably everyone. One thing I am most certainly not ready for, is to say goodbye to Leo, that won't be here next year. 

He applied to a lot of colleges, some of which he was actually interested in, and others'swith good football programs, for the sake of his father. He got accepted at his father'sdream school for his son, as well as his dream school.

He's still trying to decide. I know which one he wants to choose, but according to his dad, if he chooses to follow an art course, he won't have his dad support. It's not like he needs it financially, seeing as Olivia will always stand by his side and support him, he is, however, very bummed that he won't have his dad by his side. He's still trying to come to terms with his final decision, that he will announce next Friday dinner, after his graduation ceremony. A dinner that I will attend, probably for emotional support.

I don't mind either way, I want to make the most of the time I'll have with Leo. We still don't know what we're gonna do this Summer, but we're gonna enjoy it and make it the best of our lives, that's for sure. We'll probably hit the beach with the others and go out, possibly on dates, but we'll see when the time comes.

Jackson did invite us to go spend the first two weeks of August at his parents beach house in Los Angeles. Yes, his parents have various vacation houses around the country. It'll be good for everyone to just relax.

John is going through a tough time right now. His break up with Charlotte was unexpected and hit John harder than he'd like to admit, but unfortunately, she's moving to some country in Europe for College instead of the college she was supposed to go to in the state over, and even though they'll keep in touch, they didn't think they'd be able to make their relationship work.

So, John will probably benefit the most of this trip. Unfortunately for him, he'll have to spend the first few weeks of Holiday at his grandparents house somewhere in Texas.

I'm snapped from my thoughts by a pair of arms hugging me from behind an pushing me against a hard chest.

"Hello, Leo, how are you?" I ask and close my locker, that I was currently emptying.

"How'd you know it was me?" He pouts after I turn around in his arms to look him in the eye.

"Well, I hoped it was you, it'd be a little awkward, not to mention creepy, it it was somebody else."

He makes a humming sound as some form of agreement and bends down slightly to peck me on the lips. Well, it was meant to be a peck, but I guess he got kind of carried away, because one thing led to another and I'm leaning against the lockers, with Leo kissing me a little more feverishly than we should for a public space. A school nonetheless. But at the time, I couldn't make myself to break the kiss.

The bell did the job of snapping us out of our trance, though, and we pulled apart, but not without difficulty. 

Lately, because of school and college applications, we haven't had much alone time. Needless to say, we're both a little...needy.