XIII

All hell broke loose....

The last few days have been extremely hectic and chaos was in every atmosphere you land on. The news had been blaring lately with all the catastrophic effects and panic of Poppy's message.

Hospitals everywhere were crowded day and night and pharmacies have been robbed of medicine that people think could help but couldn't. There was no stopping it. The whole world was a few steps down the drain.

The illness had been renamed the dancing disease as those affected began to dance uncontrollably and randomly jerk around. Tequila was no diffrent.

Val stood there next to Ginger and Merlin staring at him in horror and panic. It won't be long until stage three and he would only have 12 hours left.

"Let's prep the cryo unit" Ginger said.

"You want to freeze him?" Merlin asked incredously.

"Exactly" Ginger replied

Val felt as if her whole world was coming down. Everything and everyone was just going completely insane and Val was so close to the edge of losing her grip entirely. She hadn't noticed that all along, the only one that has kept her sane and ironically in the same time driving her insane was Tequila.

All that rolled through her mind every single second. Tequila, Tequila, Tequila, Tequila, Tequila. It was all him. Ginger placed a hand on Val's shoulder as the redhead looked over the unconcious figure half covered in cold ice.

"Val, I'm sorry but we need to close the cryo chamber"

Val flinched. It was as bad as telling her they needed to close the coffin. Sealing her off from the one person that is as important to her as life itself. That would close him off from her forever. Never to see him again or feel him again. At that moment Val felt as if something that she held dear was being taken away from her.

She wondered if she would see his eyes open again and look into them once more with all adoration.

If she could hear his voice and that thick Southern accent that just seemed to contradict her British one. Would she feel his warmth again or the feel of his body against hers as he pinned her against the wall?

If he is to fade away, will she ever feel the feeling she feels with him? The love, the thirst, the lust that roars wild within her, the sensation of desperation and shivers through her spine trilling with excitement?

Probably not. She knew there was only going to be one like him. Only one that can make her feel this way. If he is gone, she would lose it all.

When Val spoke, she didn't expect herself to sound so weakened and vunerable as her voice cracked and sounded hoarse as if voicing out her slowly breaking and disheartened soul.

"C-can I have a few moments? P-please?"

Ginger nodded understandingly and turned to Merlin and the others.

"Of course. Guys let's go. Give her a few moments"

As soon as everyone walked out of the room, Val knelt to her knees and cried. Sobs racked her body violently and she wailed loudly the pain becoming too unbearable and heart wrenching.

She hadn't noticed that all this time, the man actually meant so much, too much to her and she held on to his hand, cold as ice, as if he were her life line. Her final breath.

She completely f'ed up. And of all her f ups this was the worst one that now measured her sanity.

Tears dropped from her face as if her eyes were two storm clouds dropping an endless fall of rain.