XXVII

The next morning, Val woke up early...

She barely slept last night being extremely jumpy. She was very nervous. Her palms were sweaty and her breaths were shaky. So many things were crossing through her mind at the moment. What to wear? What kind of hairstyle? Should she wear make up or go natural? What if she does something to utterly embarrass herself like she expertly does? She didn't get why she was nervous. It was just Tequila.

Well exactly the point. It was just Tequila. She could list off a hundred different reasons to be nervous around him. Even if they are together.

Val was a complete wreck. Different garments were strewn everywhere. On the mattress, on the floor, by the bedside table... It was just in every single corner. Val paced back and forth fussing with the hem of her bathrobe. She ran her hands through her hair and sighed exasperatedly. She could really use Roxy's help as of now. Val paused and remembered the times she spent with the sister like figure. It made her smile...

They were on a mission to extract information from their target. Val was going to play the main role in this mission since the target was male and as Guinevere it was her sole duty to successfully retain Intel through means of seduction. Roxy was helping her get ready. They were in a hotel close to the location where the target was holding a gala. Val was all prepped and ready.

She had a red gown on which was rather revealing in terms of being the one to seduct along with killer high heels and glamorous accessories. She had all the gadgets she needed and studied the targets likes, dislikes, and personal info thoroughly so that she could use it in terms of conversation.

There was one problem. Her hair. The vermin just wouldn't cooperate no matter what she did or said. She was getting more agitated in the minuet and her patience was running thin. She was incredibly silent, like she usually is when she is angered, but she nearly snapped a hairbrush into two.

She tried to tame her hair once more by pinning a few strands back but it failed like the rest. She sighed tiredly and muttered "I give up" slamming the brush onto the vanity table. Behind her came an amused chuckle from Roxy. The redhead turned around to give her an unamused look. "Roxanne it is not funny"

"Sorry" she replied holding in her laughter.

"I swear I'm having such a bad hair day" Val sighed propping her elbows up the table and resting her chin on her palms.

Roxy approached and took the iron and brush bringing along the hairspray. "Well. That can be changed" She started to professionally work on Val's hair taming every strand laying it all down perfectly. In a matter of minuets Val's hair was a lot more behaved and pleasant. Val sighed in relief.

"Thanks Roxy"

"Don't worry about it. It's what sisters are for"

Back then the memory was just a simple thing but now it is so much more special. Val really hoped someone would come to save her right now. Her date was in an hour. She had mere 60 minuets to get her mind straight. Val was about to collapse on the mattress when a knock disturbed her line of thought.

She really hoped it wasn't Tequila as she was a barely ready. When she opened the door she sighed in relief. It was only Ginger. Or Agent Whiskey for the matter. But Val felt more comfortable calling her Ginger. She was more used to it and she was still a bit agitated at the previous Agent Whisky. She only noticed now that she barely had any sort of interaction with the woman and barely had any conversation with her not including her father's previous amnesia, although Val did think Ginger was a pretty nice person.