XXII

Tequila felt himself slowly return to consciousness...

His eyes started slowly blinking to bright light above him. It stung his line of sight and he covered his eyes with the back of his palm. His whole body felt cold and he hesitated to move as it felt as if he hadn't done a single action in a century and that his bones and joins were like squeaky doors doing its best to open smoothly. He groaned feeling a bit cold and started to slowly sit up.

He somehow felt a bit tired or sleepy. He saw Ginger standing in front of him with a somewhat stern, or scolding "I am not pleased. I hope you regret this decision" kind of face. He could feel the disappointment coming from her. He scrunched his eyebrows together seeing he was barely dressed in shorts and a white shirt. "What happened? Did I miss something?" He asked his friend and fellow Agent. His voice sounded slightly hoarse and croaky.

Ginger replied in something between a scoff and a huff. "You sure did. From now on Tequila, I think you should stick to booze" she said in a scolding manner. She wasn't really that proud with his life decisions. Then it suddenly clicked in Tequila's head.

Cyro chamber. Val. Second chance. She loved him. With a sudden excitement he jumped out of the cyro chamber as if it suddenly burst into flames and set his arse on fire. He was about to run out eager to see the redhead British accented female when Ginger stopped him holding him back and pushing him away from the door.

"As if I'm going to let you walk Statesman's halls barely clothed. Get dressed"

"Ginger get out of the way. I really need to see Valentine. And I don't give a single damn if I need to run the hallways like this looking for her" he said desperately wanting to make his way out of the bloody room.

He was desperate and excited to see her. He thought he had never been so eager in seeing someone, a woman specifically, his whole life. He needed to get to her no matter what it takes. After what they been through he thought there should be no moment wasted and that he had to tell her now and right now. At this moment nothing else would satisfy his soul but to see her again and speak to her and tell her she could have that second chance she asked for.

Ginger gave him a teasing look. "Someone's eager. Val isn't here. She went on the mission to retrieve the antidote for those affected by Poppy's poison with her father, Eggsy, and Merlin. Seeing as the antidote is now successfully released world wide that must mean the mission went well and they should be back soon, with Agent Whisky perhaps. He went to catch up with them. Val's father shot him in the head"

Tequila was slightly disappointed she wasn't there and started to get angsty and impatient. Whilst on the last statement he had a confused expression and hoped he heard wrong. But he didn't. "The hell? Why?"

"Well I'm not sure. Whisky said it's probably because I didn't fix him right" Ginger replied unsure with her words. She shifted her weight between her two feet and Tequila could sense she wasn't believing a word Whisky said.

Ginger never really liked Whisky. Every time she asked to be a field agent, he shot her down and voted against it. He didn't trust her or her skill set. He always thought she wouldn't be good enough for the field. Tequila on the other hand was for the most part neutral about Whisky. He didn't care enough to have an opinion about Whisky. But if he had to choose if he would rather Val go on a mission alone with Eggsy or Whisky, he would say he'd rather she go with Eggsy.

"I don't think it's because something was wrong with his head. Ginger something ain't right" Tequila spoke uneasily.

"I know I can feel it too. But for the most part the antidote is now out and we don't have much to think about anymore than their arrival. Hopefully all together in one piece" Ginger replied