Chapter 2: Self control

Ivy Pov

It's night time now and we had spent the rest of the day talking, well after the tour of the house. Literally, just talking. He wanted to know about my gift and the mark I have on my wolf. I wanted to know more about how he keeps this place under control and still had time to look for his mate.

"C'mon, we have a busy day tomorrow." Malik scoops me up in his arms and carries me up the stairs.

"I can walk you know." My arms wrapped tight around his neck and my head placed on his chest for comfort. No, stop. This guy is a murder, I pull away, my head and he frowns confused by my action.

"Wait, we're sharing the same bed." My eyes widened in horror as I was placed on the bed.

"Yes. You're my mate now and my mate stays with me until she is marked and she can do as she pleases." He shrugs and removes his pants, leaving just his boxers and my wolf was definitely drueling. Hell, I'm freaking drueling.

"You're just overprotective and don't trust me...jesus, nice ass." I cover my mouth as soon as the words leave it and I mentally slap my self for even thinking it. A devilish smirk crossed his features as he turned around and approached the bed.

"You like my ass?" He asks kneeling between my legs. My brain stops working and no words come out my mouth.

"I can show you the front if you Like?" His seductive voice was flowing into my ears and I didn't even realise my eyes had turned the metallic blue of my wolf.

"No." I'm hesitant to talk and Malik brings his hand to my face.

"Your wolf wants me too." His thumb strokes just beneath my eyes and I shake my head clearing them away.

"No, she doesn't." I smile, proud of how obedient she is to me. Plus, I kinda think I'm in control.

"Don't worry, it won't take long till you are as submissive as she is." He laughs standing back up, I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Hopefully it will." I mutter but he hears me as loud as heard his chuckle. I got under the covers and lay as close to the edge as I could. He may be my mate but I am not prepared for the whole thing yet. He's 23, I'm 18...i don't think that's legal.

"Blue eyes." He says to himself in the darkness, he is staring at the ceiling curled up with the quilt.

"Yes...is that a problem?" I look at him and he shakes his head.

"No just sad." He turned away from me, now preparing to go to sleep.

"What? why is it sad?" I pull his shoulder to make him face me and try my best to ignore the sparks on skin to skin contact.

"Blue eyes are a sign of the taking of an innocent life." He's now facing me, the heat radiating off his body soothing me.

"Are you accusing me of something?" My eyebrows knot together and the Alpha shakes his head.

"Not you, your wolf." Again, I seem to become more agitated. I nor my wolf have ever taken an innocent life. As I was about to voice this, she stopped me.

"Does this change things then?" I stared into Malik's green eyes and his red ones glazed over them.

"No." Our wolves connected for a brief moment before we pulled them back.

"So what do red eyes mean? A sign of the devil?" I giggle and he chuckles too. His soft hand strokes my cheek before he answers.

"I've taken too many innocent lives to have blue eyes." Was all he said and I looked confused, which I can't tell you is not a good look on me.