Chapter 5: Family revelations

For the last few hours I've been lying in bed with Malik glued to my side. I was the first to say I love you and I don't regret it one bit. I think Logan and Skai have left but it wouldn't surprise me if they were camping out downstairs. My eyes became heavy with all the crying and I curled into Malik. Peaceful.

I woke in the middle of the night, thrashing about the bed. Trapped in a dream similar to a burning inferno, fire everywhere. I ripped the quilt from around my waist as I squirmed violently in the bed. I screamed as I felt an unbearable pain surge through my body. Malik jolted awake and didn't even have time to adjust. My eyes watered as I just wanted to tear my skin off, an unbearable temperature overwhelming me.

"Malik,what's happening?" I yell and his face drains of colour. He switches the light on and rushes back to my side.

"Tell me what you feel?" He asks trying to hold me still against the mattress.

"I feel like I'm in fucking Disney land....obviously I'm feeling pain." I snap unintentionally and mentally curse myself.

"You're in heat, we haven't bonded." Malik tells me and rushes in the bathroom soaking a towel in cold water.

"No, Heat is not literal temperature so why am I feeling like my skin is on fire? I'm meant to just feel really horny right?" Shouts fill the house even after the cold towel is placed on my head.

"Right now I feel like I'm fucking the devil?" I can't believe how many emotions I'm experiencing right now. I calm down after the towel has spent a few minutes on my head. Malik stays sat up with me and now I feel the horny-ness take over me. I throw the towel on the floor and move closer to him. My hands skim his chest and my wolf purrs loudly, Malik grips my wrists.

"This isn't you baby, as much as I'd love to do this I want to make sure you are ready." Malik whispers softly, I shake my head denying him. My lips kiss his shoulder muscle and move up his neck, I tangle my fingers in his hair. His wolf is calling and I push him to lie down underneath me. Our lips connect and share our rare bond as the fireworks explode in between our touch.

"No, Ivy." Malik gently pushes me off him, I growl and he laughs at me.

"C'mon Alpha, what's wrong...you can't take it?" I taunt and climb on top of him. The pain now completely passed over like nothing ever happened and even better I was in the mood to get frisky.

"Oh Ivy, I'd break you." Malik smirked, I closed the gap between us and gripped onto the headboard tightly, I kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

"But right now, I'm telling you no." Malik growled and I climbed off him.

"You want to see me in that pain tomorrow?" Dirty tricks seem to be my wolf's speciality. Malik's jaw tightened as I lean on my elbow.

"C'mon Alpha....make me scream your name." A seductive tone I've never heard come out my mouth before makes my mate purr.

"Don't make me tell you again." I could sense the hesitation in his voice and I know he felt the tingles on his chest as my fingers traced his abs. He did nothing to signal this was going to go further.

"I give up." I slump back down and pull the torn sheets over my body in a strop, ignoring Malik's laughs. Again, I began to feel drowsy and completely drained of energy.

**next morning**

"How you feeling?" Malik greeted me as I walked into the kitchen, the smell of bacon drifting up my nose.

"I'm aching." I frown rubbing the back of my neck, I kiss Malik goodmorning and steal a strip of bacon from the pan.

"So not like you want to bang everything that moves." Malik laughs and I give him a sarcastic smile.