Chapter 03

An Luo picked up the fountain pen, ready to sign his name on the bottom of the will when Lawyer Zhang softly asked, "Mr. Luo, you... Have you clearly considered it?"

He didn't pause, continuing to scribble his signature on the testament. Eyes still staring at the paper, he replied, "Yes, very clearly."

Ten percent of his private property will be anonymously donated to Shao Rong and his father at the U.K. Organ Transplant Research Centre. The rest will be inherited by his older brother, An Yang, as it was the best and only solution he could come up with.

In this life, he wasn't going to marry or have any children. He only has An Yang and the relatives around him. If An Yang doesn't want the heritage, then he can do whatever he wants with it, perhaps even give it all to Shao Rong.

After the matter of the will was resolved, An Luo went to the meeting. When it ended, he hurriedly drove home. Since he'll return in the afternoon, it is better to go back early and pack.

He didn't know why, but he felt somewhat uneasy the whole day. Maybe it was the nightmares from last night that left him absent-minded and in a bad mood.

When he got home, An Yang was asleep. An Luo pushed open his brother's bedroom door and looked at the man laying on bed. That slight smile seemed to forever grace his face... Driven by his heart's desire, An Luo lightly walked to his bed, and then slowly leaned down...

His heartbeat began to sped up uncontrollably. He was so, so close–just a few more centimeters and he would touch his eyes, his lips.

How many times have he kissed him in his dreams? He had yearn for this, but now that he could do it, An Luo found himself unable to go through with such a special gesture.

His brother's hand was claimed by a ring, the same wedding ring he worn for years, stating Su Zihang's unparalleled status in his heart. Such a warm and soft smile was only for him, shown when he was having the most beautiful dream of the past with his beloved...

There was no way An Luo could kiss him in this situation.

Doing so would be an insult to himself and Su Zihang.

So, he suppressed the emotional turbulent of his heart and stiffly walked away, going out of the bedroom, then gently closing the door.

It wasn't that he didn't want to fight for this love–he was just too aware of An Yang and Su Zihang's relationship. He directly watched them develop from acquaintances to lovers, knowing from first hand that the feelings of the couple can never accommodate anyone else.

He doesn't dare express his heart to An Yang, even more so if it gets treated as a miserable joke. Thus, he could only silently lock up these feelings, let it rot in the bottom of his heart, and stare helplessly as it gradually becomes a tumor.

Taking a deep breath, An Lou relieved his chests' suffocation, then walked to his bedroom and started packing his things.

•••

At two o'clock in the afternoon, An Yang woke up. He went to the living room and found An Luo sitting on the couch watching a replay of last night's game. But, his attention wasn't on the television, instead, his eyes were on the floor and his head was drooping, apparently fighting drowsiness.

An Yang couldn't help but smile, walking up and patting his shoulders gently. "Xiao Luo, if you're sleepy, go to bed."

The younger man was shaken from his confused state and looked up to see An Yang's smiling face. Against his will, his face flushed a crimson red. He coughed and said, "I... 'm not sleepy."