Chapter 07

Once he heard the news in the afternoon, An Yudong immediately rushed over to the hospital. Because of his wound infections, An Luo was placed in a completely sterile area in the ICU. Originally, no one was allowed to visit, but Zhou Chengping was a family acquaintance so that rule was let slide. After the nurse's thorough explanation on the 'dos and don'ts', An Yudong was dressed from head to toe in sterile clothing and was finally permitted to enter the ward.

An Luo opened his eyes and watched as a strange man walked in the room.

He appeared to be in his fifties, yet he still had very elegant and handsome facial features, his posture was straight and tall. There was no doubt he'd been an extremely gorgeous man when he was younger, but at that moment, it was clear that the marks of time had not spared his body.

For a while, all he did was stare at An Luo, his eyes were filled with gentleness and affection. Then, he opened with, "Chengping told me you've lost your memories. You can't remember anything?"

Strictly speaking, An Luo doesn't think he has amnesia; he can distinctly remember his past life. However, he was completely ignorant to the life of this current An Luo, so he could only use memory loss as a reason.

He softly asked, "Are you my father?"

Due to illness, his voice sounded slightly rough and hoarse.

An Yudong smiled. "You guessed?"

An Luo nodded. "Based on your age, I inferred you are unlikely to be my grandfather, so you must be my father."

An Yudong stared blankly at him, then helplessly asked, "Can't you just say words like 'you look very kind and familiar' and so on to comfort your father? Going as far as to deduce from age, you really don't remember anything at all?"

"I really don't remember." An Luo replied.

At that, An Yudong sighed, then smiled fondly and said, "Although you lost your memory, your temper is still the same as before, like a hard stone."

His son stared at him without answering.

A moment of silence passed before An Yudong spoke again, "Xiao Luo, your memory loss...don't let it become too big of a burden. You can still live well after all of this is over... Maybe it'll all slowly come back to you."

"Ah." An Luo nodded.

An Yudong smiled. "Your current physical condition is not yet stable. The surgery for your fracture is scheduled for the day after tomorrow in the afternoon. Don't worry, Dad found you the best orthopedic surgeon."

"Ah."

"Your younger brothers are unable to come back for the time being, but once everything is settled, they'll return to see you. For now, Chengping will take good care of you in the hospital. If there's any problem, you can find him directly."

"Ah."

"Then I'll go back first. There are many important things I must deal with at home."

"Okay."

As he watched An Yudong's back getting further away before disappearing, An Luo's mood turned complex.

Such a mild-tempered and warm father... Once, he had yearned for such a figure, but that wish was left unattained.

As a part of the underworld, his father in the previous life was a grim and strict patriarch. Since he was fostered in his grandmother's house in childhood, An Luo had a very vague impression of him. When he was taken to his place, he had already grown up, the man known as his 'Father' was awfully unfamiliar and strange. In his subconscious, only An Yan Gege was his own flesh and blood.