Loving You Is Forever

TW: mention of gun violence

"Do you love me with all your heart?" They'd ask. There never has been a verbal reply.

Why?
The momentarily stunned face turns emotionless and they knew that neither knew the answer.

A kiss on the lips, silencing the desperate questions escaping from their raw throat and they'd swallow the pain; there will be another time, they think. It wasn't the right moment.
They deserved better and Dua never felt like she was enough and her doubts were loud in her brain.
She was not oblivious, knowing of the foolish hopes of her lover, yet she was not strong enough to admit it.

"First, I will love myself, then I will love them."

No one could judge her, moreover people showed great understanding for her situation.
Who could blame her for having struggles with herself, being forced to adapt to society's standards, norms and expectations; unrealistic ideals that represent the ideal woman.

Advice came from everyone as they heard about Dua and her apparent relationship problems. Thinking that she was insecure about herself.
Advising her not to rush into anything that is uncomfortable for her.
Everyone was so supportive of her, even her lover's friends and family showed her a great deal of respect, even though Dua's rejection hurt every time.

It's not that they are moving too fast, rushing into exploring themselves as individuals and as a couple; as a matter of fact, Dua was pretty sure who she was and who she wanted to be, her lover seemed to share that attitude.
With every 'Do you love me' their heart broke a little bit more; because it's been a year already.

A year of them dating and portraying an absolute power couple with the typical fights and disagreements of course, but nonetheless happy together.

It didn't fail at Dua's alleged insecurities, she made peace with herself way before the relationship started, it was a reason she knew would hurt even more; if the truth ever dared come slip out the dark corners of her tongue.

The bitter truth was; Dua couldn't.
Honesty was important to the oldest Lipa, she couldn't lie to them, to anybody and foremost herself. So she chose to remain silent, hoping that it wouldn't have that much affect.

It didn't feel right to say that.

Needless to say, Dua loved the person she was with. The real question was if it turned out to be enough to secure their happiness, if it turned out to be a fairytale forever.

She couldn't commit and a small voice in her head whispered that she'd never be able to, even though she owed it to them and herself.

She couldn't bring herself to let go yet, she hasn't moved on although it's been two years already.

She made peace with herself a long time ago. Her beloved shattered the munitions with a few glances, a few touches, a few kisses and her unbelievably powerful words. Dua couldn't have thoughts like that again. Not after the fact that every time Dua wanted to step on the beautiful flowers that bloomed within her mind, she'd make sure that the brunette wouldn't hurt herself, be condescending to herself; she'd show her how to respect herself as an individual and a woman.
She made sure to reassure Dua of her worth everyday, of her being unique and authentic and she was a spark of inspiration Dua has apparently lost; her music was about personal experiences about expressing herself and opening up in her songs. She could have ended up singing shitty pop songs with no meaning and probably drowned in the mass of boring, unoriginal artists in the grey music industry.