A Lifetime

A/N: Feedback would be awesome :))))))

PS. "What's your mother language?"
Mine is German.🖐

"Mingle, go have fun!"
Ashley shouted in your ear, an attempt to overpower the booming bass and the painfully loud music that were most likely to burst your eardrums in approximately 30 my minutes.

You could only sigh and raise your glass to your chin, preparing to chug down the remains of the mystery drink your blonde friend gave you.
You had to anticipate the immediate warmth flowing from the shot into your throat; otherwise your knees would weaken at the obvious percent of alcohol mixed into it.

She sure knew how to get drunk.

A slight lipstick stain was on the rim of the glass, seconds after you took a sip and collapsed on the floor.

[ • • • ]

"Diagnosis?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I am afraid I have to tell you that you have a rare condition called-"

You zoned out after that.
The clock's ticking was the only thing you registered, apart from a few words like 'no cure' or '3 months to live'.

So that's how it's going to end for you. A sickness laying your body still with a pain that has yet to come, until you take your last breath in a room full of medical equipment, surrounded by white walls and pitying glances.

You weren't sure if there would be even people to care about you, you had lost everyone a while ago when you moved to the west coast of the USA.

They wouldn't know you were dead because they were busy with their own lives anyway. Would they mind if you didn't tell them? You didn't want them to drop everything for you and spend time with you because they were forced to.
You disliked that the possibility of that thought being true.

They should come to you when they want to hang out, not because you would be gone and they'd regret it.
In a way, you were extraordinary and admittedly stubborn.
But you'd never change it.

[ • • • ]

The first month you watched all the movies and series you wanted to ever see and occasionally stretched your legs to keep you healthy; well as healthy as you can be.

The second month you got over your shadow, ignored and discarded your anxiety and went out everyday to bask in the sun of Los Angeles.

The beach was a place that managed to lure you in every day. You loved the salty scent of the ocean breeze and the scorching hot sunrays on your Y/S/C skin, not to mention that you adored observing all kinds of different people. Families with their kids making a mess and the couples in the shallow water, showing a ton of PDA which reminded you of how single you were; and how you couldn't grow old with the love of your life anymore.

The third month you just did what you body allowed you to. It was growing weak day by day, your heart ached in your chest and shortage of breath was common as well as excruciating pain in abdomen and head that made you fall to your knees.