The End Of Us

A/N: I recommend putting on 'When We Were Young' by Adele. Don't rush through it, listen to the song and it gives more depth :)

"Everybody loves the things you do,
From the way you talk,
To the way you move."

She was graceful as she descended the stairs, her glove-covered hand brushing the railing as her grand dress trailed behind her figure majestically; it was just like a movie.

Her face held a peaceful smile as she glanced at the crowd that gathered to celebrate her wedding.

People were dressed up in suits, black satin blazers on some of the men, their expensive look accompanied by a tie and polished shoes. Their hair was styled neatly, most had their hair brushed backwards with the help of gel or hairspray.

The women and girls fit in dresses in all forms and sizes, there were no limits as to what was allowed or not. Some chose to refrain from feminine clothes and went with other formal attire.
Dua liked it that way.
Everyone could decide what their preferred clothing was.
She wanted everyone to be creative, to not feel forced here, at the place where she'd vow to stay at their side.

"Everybody here is watching you, cause you feel like home, you're like a dream come true."

Everybody admired her, for everything she achieved, for everything she stood for and for everything she was.

She was a person that lit up the darkest nights, she was the burning flame that everyone wanted to be near, but no one dared to become.

She is a dream come true, she was what everyone desired to be. Her laugh filled the hole in our hearts with a warmth that was hard to describe; it was unique in the way her eyes sparkled in the moonlight, or the way her chocolate eyes shine in the bright light of the chandelier.

She didn't catch your body in the mass of people that represented her friends and family that loved and supported her nearly all her life long.

She met so many new people and in every single life, she was the light at the end of the tunnel, the beacon far away on the horizon.
She guided so many people and inspired them to be the best version of themselves.

Tears brimmed in your eyes as you saw her father gently hooking his arm around her pale skin.

You were not the only ones touched emotionally by the scene that was about to unfold in front of her.

"Let me photograph you in this light, in case it is the last time, that we might be exactly like we were before we realized, we were sad of getting old and it made us restless..."

Music started to play softly in the background, accompanying the sobs of her parents who tried to appear strong and unaffected by the fact, that their eldest was about to leave them.

Leave and build her own family, be happy out of the comforting arms of her parents.

Unlike them you couldn't clearly distinguish where your tears came from. You didn't know if it was happiness or relief,
Sorrow and regret.

Her white dress trailed behind her retreating form, and with every step she took, she took another step to the end of this chapter.

She was about to enter a new world, a world you two swore to explore together.

She reached the altar. He smiled as he took her in, trying to hold back tears at her beautiful self.

You could have never kept your composure if it was you standing opposite her.

She was your wildest dream.

"It was just like a movie, it was just like a song..."

Her eyes caught yours one last time, one last time before you decided to let her go.

Her body became stiff, lost in the broken soul of your eyes.
You lost hope that she'd ever come back to you.

"Can I have a moment before you go."

The distance covered the fact that Dua trembled. Her conflicted gaze followed you out of the hall, seeing you disappear behind the grand doors and she couldn't help but feel wrong.

She was supposed to seal her love with him.

She thought she loved him.
One last glance at her was the decision she has always been afraid to make.

Loving you was wrong.
But if loving you was wrong she never wanted to be right.

"I'm sorry." The whisper was lost in the confused murmurs of the crowd who shuffled in their seats nervously, as Dua gently placed the ring into his hand, interrupting the ceremony.
Tears glistened in her eyes as she tried to blink them away.

His irritated, searching look was desperate and pleading as if he knew what was about to happen.

"Don't. Please. I love you." He whispered, his voice a broken lullaby carried away by the crushed hopes and dreams of his mind. They all fled when she spoke her final words.

"A part of me is still holding on and I'm so mad at getting old..."

She was mad because she wouldn't get mad with you.
She broke a heart, an innocent heart; again.

"Everybody here was watching you."

And everyone stared after her as she ran out of the hall, only the clicking of her heels heard; every jaw was on the ground and no one could process it fast enough so they could have stopped her.

The scent of her surrounded you as you stopped abruptly, scared if it was really her. The street was deserted and dark; you got a ride from one of your mutual friends and now you had to walk to the nearest station. She was probably just as shocked and surprised like the rest of the crowd.

She didn't know that you and Dua ever dates, she didn't know you were her first love.
To you and the rest of the world you were just friends.

"Look at me." Her voice was soft, gentle and caressed your heart with a unique love that she only held for you. The wind played a long forgotten melody.

You felt in the way she talked.
Her dress was soaked in mud. But she looked so beautiful, ethereal in the glow of the sunset behind her head.
Pastel colors mixed with strong, warm streaks of paint and the sinking fireball casted long shadows around you. Her hair was flowing with the soft breeze of the ocean and her eyes shone with such a vulnerability that weakened your knees.

Her arms wrapped around your waist as you threatened to break down from all the emotion overwhelming your system. She traced her finger across your bottom lip, softly cupping your jaw and forcing you to face her.

The moment your eyes met hers, the first word of a new chapter was written.