Fourth meeting

That afternoon was the longest wait of my life. I remember myself lying on the bed that Alice had lent me while I looked at the ceiling telling myself over and over again that that same night I was going to fulfill my dream.

That night I saw the one who took away so many hours of sleep in front of me. The one who left me broken every time I heard his voice. The one I could never see because he died too soon.

Before I knew it, it was already ten o'clock at night and Alice entered the tiny room shouting excitedly.

- Narel! Are you ready?

His eyes shone brightly and I suppose mine too.

I nodded and we both went to the Crocodile Cafe half an hour in advance. It was 10:30 pm and there was already a large line of people waiting.

- Shit, we're going to be behind the whole. -I said.

- Don't be so sure. -she laughed- My boyfriend is the owner of the place and he will sneak through the back door, come.

Alice grabbed my hand and we ran to the back door of the place where there was a young guy waiting.

- Hi honey. -Alice said after kissing him- She's Narel, our new roommate for a while. We met this morning at the gas station that is at the entrance of the city and has nowhere to stay, is a good girl and has good musical taste. You don't care, right? It's only until she finds a place to stay.

The guy looked me up and down inspecting me quickly.

- Of course not. -he smiled- I'm Denys.

- Nice to meet you.

- Well, are you ready to go? The guys from Nirvana are finishing the rehearsal, but if you don't make noise you can see them and get a place in the front row. The main door will open in fifteen minutes.

Denys opened the door and Dave's battery boomed inside.

- Narel? Are you good? You're trembling.

- Yes, yes... It's just that I like them a lot and I never thought I could see them live. -I said trying not to stutter.

Alice's boyfriend ushered us in at two and we sat on an old brown sofa surrounded by boxes.

- You'll have to wait here until the rehearsal ends, it won't be long.

We both nodded and leaned back.

- Aren't you nervous? -I said.

- No more than you, I assure you. -she laught.

- Shut up, I can't help it. I'm going to drink water to the bathroom, I'll be back soon.

I got up and stumbled on my own feet and went in search of a sink. After passing a couple of small corridors I found a door somewhat cracked in which there was a unisex sign and under it put "bathrooms".

- Great, I hope there's no guy peeing inside. -I said to myself.

I opened the door and luckily there was nobody, so I washed my face with an abundant amount of water. After that, I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath, assuming once again that I was a few minutes away from living what I had dreamed so many times.

I always used to walk looking at my feet and that day wasn't going to be an exception, so when I left the bathroom I didn't pay attention to anything and followed my way back to where Alice was, but the fact of bumping into someone slowed me down.

- Hey, be more careful!

- I'm sorry.

The first thing I saw were dirty black converse and a knot formed in my throat. I quickly looked up and my pupil collided with an electric blue iris. It was him.