e l e v e n

sorry for not updating for a month..oopss

anyways, im on winter vacation now, but i won't promise you guys that i will be updating often!

nowww enjoyyy

I swear that picking out the just right outfit is like the hardest thing ever. Except for not breaking vases, of course. I mean, I break vases at least once per two weeks. It's inevitable. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get what I mean.

For this occasion, I have to dress not too casual and not too formal. Why did I even agree to let Ashton come for dinner? I guess I felt sorry for him. But still, I'm inviting my fake boyfriend to our house for dinner! Progress, eh? Well, at least he didn't know about the fake dating part. But how the hell am I going to tell my mom about this? Oh, hey mom. We started dating because I bluntly asked to be his girlfriend. Yes, a girl asked the boy. And not to mention the fact that I have no feelings for him.

I fumbled around in my walk-in closet and found a black blouse with black skinny jeans with some light makeup. Decided to not do my homework, I sat my butt down on my king sized bed and opened my Mac to watch Pitch Perfect 3.

When I was more than half way through the movie, I heard people having conversations downstairs and decided to check on what's going on. I carefully tip-toed downstairs, not liking the idea of eavesdropping on other people's conversation. I finally reached first floor and walked quietly to the kitchen door.

"Boyfriend? Who?" exclaimed a familiar voice.

"One of the Taylors," answered my mom.

"Julian, right? Oh thank god. I've always liked that guy. Anna should be safe with him,"

"Um honey, it's the other one. Ashton Taylor,"

I heard a pause before my dad started to speak again.

"Out of all the people, she chose him. That Ashton boy does not give off good vibes. I don't approve this,"

"Why don't you just give that boy a chance? Anna seems fairly happy with Ashton," my mom argued.

"She seems fairly happy with Julian too," I faintly hear my father murmuring.

My mom probably sent a glare in my father's direction, because he quickly sighed and said, " I'll behave. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't ask questions,"

I turned around and leaned onto the wall and sighed. Questions. This is gonna be a long night.

I was going to go back onto my room when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped towards the left at the touch of that person's skin, bumped my hips toward a small table outside of the kitchen and heard the sound of glass falling onto the floor. My parents came rushing out of the kitchen and their eyes widened at what they saw. It wasn't that hard to guess, eh? No shit guys. I had broken another vase. I waited for my back to come in contact with the cold hard ground but it never happened. Someone caught me. I narrowed my eyes at whoever scared the hell out of me but also saved my life. Ashton Taylor. I should've known.

"Annabelle Chase. Can you even go a week without breaking a vase?" my mom asked sternly.

"Well it's not my fault that you seem to put 100 vases in this house. I ought to accidentally break some," I snapped back.

She looked at the me and looked at Ashton beside me. How the hell did he get even get beside me so fast? Ooh. Maybe he's Edward Cullens. Why in the world am I thinking about vampires now?

My dad cleared his throat and I quickly snapped out of my little day dream. He looked at me, and looked at Ashton, and turned his head towards me again, as if he wanted me to do something. I was confused at first but I got his message. I immediately pushed myself off Ashton, almost stepping onto the glass pieces if he wasn't holding onto my wrist.