e i g h t e e n

Ashton's POV

The bell rang, indicating that school was over. I packed my bag and went straight out of the classroom, ignoring the shouts of my classmates that are telling me to go play football with them. I rushed through the hall and went around the crowds and towards my car, determined to make a good first impression by not being late. 

I parked my car a few blocks down Starbucks. I opened the door and the rich smell of coffee immediately greeted me. Damn, I haven't been here in a while. Starbucks used to be one of the places that I would go every week. I don't know what had happened to make that change.  I scanned around the room, looking for Anna's mom, to find her already seated at the back of the shop with two ice coffees placed on the table. I took a deep breathe and walked towards the table. 

For a middle aged woman, her mom looks quite young. She has big brown eyes and pointed nose and a smile that never seems to disappear from her face. Anna had taken her moms facial features, which explains how you can tell that they are related even if you don't know them. I walked in front of the table and sat down. 

"Hi, Mrs. Chase," I said politely. 

She put down her phone and immediately smiled at me, her eyes disappearing. "Just call me Claire.  Glad you could make it! Here, I bought this coffee for you." 

I said thank you and took the cup of coffee between my hands and brought it to my lips. I took a sip and I could feel her eyes on me. I cleared my throat as she started to speak. 

"So, I think we both know the reason why I called you here, so I'm not going to waste my time when I can go straight into topic. My daughter told me what had happened between her and Julian. Why don't you tell me your point of view, and what do you think the problem is?"

I told her what I saw when I came out of the bathroom, and how much it shatters me to see my brother kissing MY girlfriend. I said that I felt betrayed and played, and that is when she interrupted me from my talk. 

"Now Ashton, I understand why you felt that way. I'm sure that Anna told you that Julian kissed her, and not the other way around, right?" 

My mind went back to our conversation outside the cafeteria, and what a horrible thing I did back then. Kissing Jenna was a huge mistake, and I know that I messed up. 

"Yes, but-"

"No buts. Tell me Ashton, why exactly did you date Anna? You said that you felt like you're being played on? I too have to be honest with you. Anna dated you because of a dare Natalie had gave her. She took the dare and asked you out. However, as time went by, she saw how you are as a person, and developed more feelings for you. I don't want you to tell her that I told you that, but how about you? Why exactly did you agree to Anna's confession? Why did you care so much when they kissed? I'm sure you know the answer to that question." 

I ran my hand through my hair and thought about what I had just heard. I care so much when they kissed because I felt jealous. Anna is supposed to like me, and only me. She was supposed to kiss me, and not my brother. My mind wasn't functioning when I saw what they were doing, and jealousy consumed me. 

"Sweetie, I want you to know that I'm not mad at you, and this is all just a part of growing up. But seriously though, you are not the only one that did something wrong here. I suggest you to go clear things up soon, and preferably before her birthday. I have some errands to run, so I'll see you soon!" 

She picked up her coffee and left with a wave. I sat alone for a few minutes and I had decided to get all my shit together. I drove home with one thing on my mind. I am determined to make this birthday her best birthday ever. 

I stopped in front of the red light and I took out my phone and texted someone. I need your help. Meet me at Starbucks tomorrow after school? 

A/N

hi guys! hoped you all enjoyed this haha. i personally thought it was boring, but i promise you the next ones are gonna be interesting! i really suck at writing long chapters, but i promise ill work on it! english isn't my first language, so please bare with my mistakes oops. 

just a random question: what was your first prom experience like? im having prom in a few months and i wanna know your opinions! 

please vote and comment! next chapter will be on Tuesday, 7th of May. 

~amelia x