⚜️15⚜️

{ Sophie's PoV}

I angrily walked out from the kitchen. How obnoxious and arrogant was he? Just because he was a billionaire, he couldn't wash his own plate. All rich men I have met are arrogant, egoistic and self centred assholes who think that the world runs on their fingers.

I picked my phone and gave Alzer a call. I wanted to get out of Adams house as soon as possible. His house was bringing ugly memories of my past and I was feeling uneasy remembering those awful moments. Especially when Adam was flipping those pancakes for me, I had a trip down memory lane and I couldn't deal with that right now. I was fine with everything around me and I didn't want to stress myself.

" Your mother messaged me" I told Adam as I put my phone to my ear. Alzer was not freaking answering my call and a shirtless Adam was the last thing I wanted to see. He folded his arms making those biceps flex as he leaned against the wall, posing like a model, looking at me with an eyebrow raised.
I clenched my teeth before I opened the chat with his mother , " Let me read out what she said,"

I took in a deep breath , gave him an irritated look before I read what she said.
"what's up with you not going home with my son? Doesn't he satisfy you anymore? Oh! you just another gold digging bitch who's after my sons wealth? " I told him as I used a sweet fake voice to talk like his mother. He was going to say something but I stopped him by raising a hand, " there's more," I said before I continued talking.

"listen here gold digging bitch, just cause you want some fame and money,  doesn't mean you should go and attack my son, there plenty of fish out there so go find another one!" .

He had now moved behind me and read with me.I turned around and gave him my phone, letting him read for himself and verify the contact number.

" I don't know what your mum is talking about but I will not tolerate being called a gold digger" I told him as I distanced myself from him. He was too close to my liking and his body heat was doing something to me,

" Either you tell her the truth or clear this mess up. I don't care what you do but I don't want my face to be up on the internet as one of your hookups. We are keeping our relationship low at the moment and I prefer it like that"

Adam handed me back my phone and gave me a blank look.I was sure he was used to his mother messaging the girls he slept with and this message was not even a surprise for him. I wonder where she must've gotten my number from.

" I'll see to it" he told me gruffly before he turned and walked away from me.
Wow what a perfect manner to bid farewell to your guests!

I scrawled in his direction before I walked in the opposite direction towards the door.
The further I was from him ,the better it'll be for me.

~~~~~~

Monday morning,  I returned to work but with a full headache. I had entered the company feeling like a stranger, the whole building had been transformed and renovated: new tiles, polished desks, plush chairs, cushioned sofas and flower Pots were everywhere.The walls were shining and the elevator was obviously the trademark gold colour. It didn't feel like the company I was in before. It was now the Larsens Company.

I entered my office and it was completely changed too. The windows were made with black glass , the walls were a light peach colour and the dark brown desk was shining which I'm  sure was definitely imported from Africa. I rolled my eyes, it was my own office but I wasn't comfortable in it .