⚜️38⚜️

{ Sophie's PoV}

What the fuck was he doing in New York City?
Was he fucking crazy?

" Ethan!" I questioned and when a slow sinister, smile stretched on his lips, I couldn't help but gasp audibly . I could not believe he really was standing in front of me.
How?
Questions were running wildly through my mind.

" Soph!" He said, smiling a megawatt smile showing those dimples of his . I couldn't explain the feelings coursing through my body, he was freaking alive!

" And here I thought you'd hug and kiss me" Ethan said, coming closer to me. I was still in a state of shock and instead of going into his warm embrace, I moved back. Ethan flinched at my bold coldness and his smile faltered.
Never, never had I ever rejected his hugs.
More like I attacked him for them.

" You do know people are lurking around still looking for you." I spoke in my professional voice, not caring whether or not I hurt him. He had done enough damage to me already. But still I couldn't help and be thankful. He was breathing, standing on his two feet, heck, even talking in front of me when men were breathing down my neck, watching my every action.

" No wonder I'm dressed in this attire babes!" He winked and that's when my eyes skimmed over his body. He looked dashing with the grey suit and black tie with his hair cropped short . He looked almost like a professional business man.
Professional!
What?

" What have you done to yourself ?" I spoke surprised . His ear no longer had the diamond piercing I liked and his signature chain was not hanging from his neck . His ear length hair had even been cut short and he looked more matured than his 24 years of age.
This was definitely not him .

" I've changed babes," he smiled bitterly, his eyes holding a blanket of pain with a thousand other emotions well hidden.

I felt a pinch in my heart, " I'm sorry." I apologised, turning my head away from him. It was my doing that lead him to keep running with his face behind his shoulder at all times.

"Stop feeling guilty," Ethan flicked my nose," after all change is good, is it not?" He said, making me return his bitter smile. He was still the same old, funny guy. But I was not the same.
I had changed, no rather, I was forced to change.

" Damn Soph, look at you! Who's life are you making miserable?" he whistled, his eyes surveying me from top to bottom. His facial expression changing from awe to surprise.

" No one," I muttered and I hoped the stupid hickeys were well covered by my blazer. I had already applied foundation to conceal them but you could never trust the heat.

" Nah Soph! You only put red lipstick on an important mission, so there really is something up your sleeve," he raised his cocky eyebrow and I rolled my eyes. He knew me more than anyone, what was I thinking lying to him.

" My fiancé," I muttered lowly, hoping he wouldn't make me repeat.But, this was Ethan we were talking about. Like the maniac he was, he bent his head right next to my ear and made me repeat my sentence again.

" Whaaaa fiancé!" He screeched and I almost died of embarrassment, every passerby turned to look at us, giving us the WTF look.