Pause

April 21th 2014, 04:16pm

                                                           Harry sat on the backrest of a little bench in the park. He had been spending a lot of time here since Clary was gone. A lit cigarette was between his lips and he swallowed the disgusting smoke. He had stopped smoking half a year ago but now he picked it up again.

 There was no one around anymore to tell him that his mouth would taste like an ashtray when they kiss. There was no one around anymore to tell him this thing would kill him. Anything that caused damage to his body, anything that brought him a step closer to his own death was welcomed by Harry with open arms.

 His long legs were put into his usual tight black jeans that Clary had always loved on him. His shirt was black as well. Everything was black on him aside from his brown boots and his brunette curly hair. Even the two lip rings were black.

 The two lip rings had been pierced over a year ago, when he was seventeen. Clary had accompanied him to this appointment. She had insisted on holding his hand even though he was the one who felt the piercing pain for only a short second. Little did he know that the pain he had felt a year ago was nothing to the pain he was feeling now, constantly, every day.

 Finally he saw the guy he was waiting for. Jason. After he had listened to Tape 3 yesterday, he knew that he had to seek revenge for his Clary. What Jason did to her is inexcusable and Harry felt a burning and dusty hatred toward the guy he once called his friend.

 "Harry, mate!" Jason cheered chuckling and Harry gave him a half smile, "What's up, man?"

 "Nothing." Harry shrugged and slid off the bench to stand in front of him. He threw the cigarette away and played with his right lip ring.

 "Are you feeling a bit better already?" Jason asked and his pathetic try to care about Harry made him even more angry.

 "No...not yet." Harry answered and Jason looked at him pitifully until Harry unexpectedly raised his hand to connect his fist with Jason's jaw. Jason did not see this move coming and stumbled backwards. Harry rolled up the sleeves of his shirt and prepared himself for the fight he wanted to have.

 "Man, what did you do that for?" Jason shouted as he held his aching jaw but Harry had not gotten enough yet. He needed to see Jason suffer. He wanted Jason to feel the desire to die, just like Clary felt half a year ago.

 Harry lunged at him again and kept hitting Jason's face with his fist. Blood was trickling down his nose and lip but Harry didn't stop. He felt so much anger and for him this was the only way to release it. Jason tried to fight back but Harry was too strong, too skilled compared to his weak friend.

 "You fucking asshole!" Harry roared and whenever he thought he ran out of energy, he only had to think back to the tape and to what Clary's melodic voice had told him and he could keep going for hours.

 All of a sudden Harry got off Jason and spat at him. He stared down at the injured guy who now suffered from so much physical pain. But Harry couldn't care less.

Jason groaned and wiped his face. "What the fuck did I do?" It was a mere whisper.

Harry stood there, completely baffled for a second. How could Jason not piece it together?

Jason slowly sat up first and used the hem of his shirt to wipe the blood of his mouth and nose. When he touched the area around his left eye, he winced.

"Honestly, what happened--" Jason started saying as he got up but was cut off when Harry grabbed his shirt.

"You destroyed her. You piece of shit touched her when she didn't want it." Harry said through gritted teeth and Jason turned pale, his eyes widened.

"You're the reason she..." Harry choked. 

"I didn't--"

"You didn't what?" Harry spat but he didn't give Jason a chance to come up with a bad excuse. He balled his right hand into a fist and punched Jason in the stomach. Jason slumped but Harry held him up by his shirt, only to punch him again.

Finally, Harry released Jason and took a deep breath, watching how Jason was laying on his side, holding his stomach, groaning in agony.

 "Be happy that I didn't fucking kill you." Harry said and pushed his messy curls out of his face. Even though he had almost knocked Jason out he didn't feel the satisfaction which he expected to feel afterwards. But Harry couldn't beat him up any longer. He had to leave.

 With a new cigarette between his teeth he walked backwards, distancing himself from Jason.

 "If you know what's good for you, you better keep your fucking mouth shut about this!" Harry yelled and left, leaving a whimpering Jason behind.