Accidentaly In Love: JordanMaronLover18

Accidentally In Love
Request by JordanMaronLover18
Jordan X Kate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How's the weather up there?!" I shout up to Jordan.

"I don't know, it's pretty chilly!" He calls back.

"Then get down here, loser!" I say with a laugh. I hear the skid of the skateboard down the ramp and watch as the short 22 year old whizzes past. He glides to the top of the other side of the ramp, lifting his legs into the air before he flips his skateboard back down on the opposite side. He wiggles his butt as he passes me this time. I send "boo's" his way and we both laugh.

Jordan leaps off the ramp, skateboard in hand. He bows when he gets near, signifying he thinks he put on a great show. I cross my arms and lift my chin into the air.

"Please, I can do so much better than that," I say, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"I'd like to see you try," he remarks.

"Ok, how about the big ramp?" Jordan's eyes widen and he looks at me, concern etched into every feature in his face.

"Katie, no."

"Aww, come on," I whine. "I'm not gonna get hurt. I've been practicing a lot! I'm as good as you are now!" Jordan laughs, even if it is a bit forced.

"I wouldn't say that." I roll my eyes. "Whatever, let's go. But if you get hurt I'm just gonna say I told you so." I squeal and run over to the big ramp. I get to the top and look down, the hight is staggering and not at all what I expected. I look to my right at Jordan, who insisted to join me on the ramp.

We have been best friends since we were basically in the womb. Our moms were best friends so we grew up together, basically attatched at the hip, our whole lives. We have develpoed an almost sibling relationship, and Jordan is very protective over me.

He grabs my hand to steady me and gives a slight nod. I take a deep breath and shove my fear deep inside of me. A smile spreads across my face and I whip my head to face Jordan.

"This is how you skate, loser." I push off the ramp and fly down the slope. The wind whips through my hair and adrenaline pumps through my whole body. I let out a shriek, not really sure if it was out of terror, or the pure high I was feeling.

Once the ramp starts to curve up, I feel my momentum drop with each moment. My eyes widen in horror and I lean forward, trying to push myself as high as I can go. All the muscles in my body tighten and the panic stops me from thinking clearly. Just like that, I have completely forgotten how to skateboard.

Suddenly all time stops, along with my board. Agonizingly slowly, I start to move again, but this time backwards. And now my speed picks up and I feel myself beginning to fall. Idiotically, I stretch my hands out to break my fall. I hear a scream in the distance. It takes a few moments before I realize it came from my own mouth. I lift my hands, feeling now just how much they burn, but in turn tumble onto my back, my head slamming against the wood.

Everything goes black. But I don't pass out. Oh how I wish I passed out. But instead I feel each roll down the hard wood of the ramp. Everything is black, but I feel the pain. I hear faint shouts in the distance, and I dont even need to understand the words to know it's Jordan.

Finally, I come to a stop. And I stay there, incapable of movement. I hear thuds of feet against pavement, then against wood.

"KATE!" Jordan screams. I let out a small moan, for it's all that I can muster in my current state. I feel strong arms wrap around me, and I am pulled close to Jordan's chest. It hurts like hell, but I cant do anything but moan once again. "Kate..." Jordan whispers. I feel myself being laid down onto something, a stretcher I'm assuming. "I'm so sorry."