I Will Go Down With This Ship: Captainsparklez

• Dedicated to Captainsparklez

I Will Go Down With This Ship
Request by Captainsparklez

Jordan X Captain_Capsize

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit on the edge of my bed and twirl the stem between my fingers. The bright red petals of the poppy remind me of all the times we’ve had together. Slowly, I fall back and my head rests on my pillow. The poppy falls to a stop on my chest and warmth spreads like tendrils through my body. A sigh involuntarily escapes my mouth as I imagine the next time I get to speak to her. Suddenly I get an idea.

I leap off the bed and sprint towards my crafting table. I toss sticks and leather onto the workplace and get to work. I hang the frame I have just created right above my head, and place the poppy inside. Now she will always be in my dreams. Although, she already consumed my sleep anyways. She consumed every ounce of my thoughts, every moment of every day.

That’s it. I can’t take it. I have to see her again. I let out a deep breath and sprint for the door. I have to go now or I may explode. My feet have no problem maneuvering the stone brick pathway. I take the route that I have followed many times before.

Suddenly my feet are airborne and I feel my stomach drop as I fall. The cold ocean water rushes up around me and I hold my breath as I become completely submerged in the water. When I break the surface, my lungs gasp for air.

“Ahoy! Ye be doin ok ther Sparklez?” A female voice shouts from above me. I scratch the back of my neck as I tread water, trying to hide my very red face.

“Erm… Aye Cap’n I be doin fine. Just lost me footin’ that be all.” Captain Capsize smiles and crosses her arms.

“Well get ye booty up on here Sparklez. Dry yeself off!” I scramble for the ladder leading up into Capsize’s ship. Once I make it to the top I collapse onto the floor and heave deep breaths. “Ye took quite a tumble there Matey! Need a towel?”

“Um, no thanks Cap’n, I be jus fine.” Capsize shrugs and continues on with her work. I stand close behind, just watching her nimble fingers maneuver the complex machinery in her ship. A feeling that I can not quite place swells in my stomach and works its way up to my head. Before I can process what I am doing, I feel myself walking closer to the Captain. I am as close as I can possibly get to her without touching her. Capsize jumps slightly and clears her throat.

“Erm, Sparklez… What ye be doin’?”

“Just watching, Cap’n,” I soothe.

“Well… You’re quite close matey…” A smirk stretches across my lips.

“Aye.” I lean onto the wheel and look at Capsize. Her brown bangs fall into her eyes and I brush them away softly. “Say Cap’n…” I lean in closer to her. “You want to see my rod?” Her eyes widen and she takes a step back.

““Whoa there Matey! things be movin’ a little quick fer me!” She stutters.

“It’s a nice rod.” I’m not sure what’s come over me, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like it, even the slightest bit.

“Nice?” She asks softly. Her shoulders start to relax and she crosses her arms. “I guess…. I could take a peek?”

“Ahoy!” I cheer, fist pumping the air. She chuckles quietly. I pull out my rod for her to see.

“Yaaar!” Capsize trills. She gawks at my shiny rod for a moment before she shakes her head. "Do, err, do ye be thinkin ye can stay a while longer? I got some grog in me chest. Maybe we be sittin in the hot tub for a bit?" I smile and nod my head. 

"Aye Cap'n! Sounds great!" I say with a large smile.

"I'll be meetin' ye there." I nod and head to the hot tub. Capsize comes up a few minutes later in a bikini and a bottle of grog in each hand. And just like that, all of my confidence from the past few minutes are gone. I am back to the same stuttering mess I always am around Capsize. But after a little while, and with the help the alcohol, I calm down enough to at least form coherent sentences. Or at least, as coherent as it can get in pirate lingo.

We talk for hours on end and drink the grog until it runs out, then we move on to some rum. We laugh and cheer and gossip and have so much fun. But after a little while I start to get really tired and decide I should head home.

I start to head towards the door, ready to head back to my lovely tree house, when I hear a soft voice from behind me.

"Sparklez wait!" I turn back to Capsize who is playing with her hands. "I, err, have something fer ye." SHe reaches into a chest beside  She pulls out a shiny diamond and my eyes widen. "Here, Sparklez. This be me most valued diamond and I want ye to have it." 

"Wow!" I say, swiping the diamond from her hands. "Thanks Cap'n!" I head out the door again. This time I think I hear sniffs from behind me, but I shake my head. As I'm heading home I stop in my tracks, anger filling my head. How could I be so STUPID?! I smack my forehead with the heel of my hand and head back to the boat. Capsize is just leaving, and I follow close behind her. Her footsteps are slightly wobbly from all the grog and rum, and I decide I should follow her, to make sure nothing happens. 

After a little while she stops and whips around. "ARG! WHO BE FOLLOWING ME?!" She shouts. I step out of the shadows and into the faint glow of the street lamps.

"Yar, it just be me Cap'n," I call out. Capsize glares at me and crosses her arms.

"What do ye want Sparklez?"

"Nothing. Just makin sure you be gettin home ok with all that grog." She smiles softly and kicks the ground lightly.

"Awwh. Thank ye matey." I nod and come to her side. I walk with her back to her skull shaped house. She stumbles once and I grab her hand in mine, and we keep our fingers laced togther like this for the rest of the way home. Once we arrive at her house, I stop Capsize before she can go in. I reach into my pocket and pull out the diamond she gave me.

"I can't take this, it be yers. And I be knowin it means a lot to ye. Sorry fer bein a scalywag about it." She shakes her head and pushes my hand away. 

"No Sparklez, it be a gift." I grab her hand gently and place the diamond in it. I close her fingers around it and pat it, letting her know I'm not taking it back. She opens her mouth to protest once more, but I stop her words with a kiss. She stares at me, stunned for a moment.

"Goodnight Cap'n," I whisper. I head back to my treehouse, a smile hastily making its way across my face. I hear a small, almost inaudible whisper from behind me. 

"Goodnight Sparklez." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is this fandom omfg.

This may be one of the weirdest things I've ever written. Should I have made this weirder and less serious? Or should I have done like exactly what happened in the stream then continued from there? Idk, but whatever, I like this a lot!

Vote if you liked it and comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani (Pronounced NAH-KNEE, NOT NANNY)