elevn - observer

"It was strange how your brain could know what your heart refused to accept."
-J.K. Rowling, The Casual Vacancy.

Everyone has this little part of their brains which is the complete opposite to the massive one. You may not sense its presence now, but it's still there. It gives birth to complete contrary thoughts, the appealing ones. States facts that are true, that your bigger part rejects each time. Although you despise it, you're still grateful to have it there.

It is at a time like these that I acknowledge its presence. How this part of mine possess the ridiculous, but true thoughts. How it makes me want to admire Harry, admire the way he cracks a simple smile; showing of the admirable dimples. How he is breathtakingly gorgeous. How this part looks forward to meeting him even after all the time he was nothing but mean to me. This is the small part that desires him. And as much as I abhor it, I was gratified by its presence.

The time dragged by, the cutting and distribution of the cake took too long making the environment blasé for me. I had joined Iris and Xaviar only to get glares by Iris forcing me to leave. Then I joined Gemma and we had quite a long talk on various things. But of course, Harry joined and I had excused myself. Making a ghostly smile appear on his face.

As hard as I try, as hard as I think, I can never get Harry. When I get a feeling that maybe I get him now, but he changes his colors faster than my thoughts can comprehend him. I don't bother in understanding him now, but I still try every time and regret that I do. That is when the little part of my brain grabs the dominance.

I stand here, next to two blonde sisters I had recently talked to, made a little conversation. The music turned into a calm, slow song, people taking it as a sign for a dance with their partners and I stand here, watching them.

My mind had relaxed, until I saw the tall, brown haired boy making his way through the crowd. I switch my gaze towards the girl giggling and talking.

"I really admire the dress you're wearing, Indie." The blonde girl nods, eyeing me.

"Thank you." I smile at her.

"Pleasure." She grins.

I excused myself to grab another glass of the light champagne, something I dangerously started to grow a liking for. I place the now empty glass on the table covered in light blue sheets. My eyes then search for men in tuxedos serving the champagne around. I sense someone next to me from the corner of my eyes.

"Fancy another drink?" I'm mentally running away from the voice but my physical actions are the complete opposite. Why does he keep following me?

The glass is placed in front of me and I struggle a little on my decision. That is when the little part pops up. It plants positive feeling about him and removes the negative ones. It persuades me by using the excuse that he maybe is sorry for that day and wouldn't do it again, he is offering a drink anyway.

I take it, our hands brushing for a mere second and I try not to notice the waves going through my body. His eyes are still on me after I mumble a thank you.

"I thought you don't drink." He takes a sip. "I was ready for a rejection and prepared for persuasion." I try not to smile or laugh at his statement.

"Why would you think that?"

"You told me that day yourself." The raspy hint in his voice is something that cannot go unnoticeable.

"Well, one drink won't hurt." I shrug, taking another sip.

"That's your second." He points, catching my obvious lie.

"Creepy much." I gaze at the boy with a teasing smile.

"Blame's on you." His lips curve in a smirk.

Silence engulfs us, something that I'm a little grateful of. As much as I don't want to take his comment seriously, I can't seem to have my control over the inside that is euphoric. More people start to join the dance floor and I sip my drink quickly to leave. I'm not aware of the whole reason I kept standing near him.

The glass is taken from my hand as soon as I'm done and I look at him confused. Flashing me a smile, he turns to place the glasses on the table. Before I can question him, he grabs my wrist so gently that I can't find the urge to end the contact.

He makes his way through the crowd to the end of the large hall with me behind him. There is something that is keeping me from rejecting him, arguing with him. I just liked the little, peaceful silence lingering between us.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, my eyes roaming around the whole area to catch any eyes on us.

He stops and faces me. "Thought you wanted to dance."

"What? I-no, what made you think that?" I can't deny the twisty feeling in my stomach.

"I don't know, you were just creeping on the other couples."

"Ah, no I wasn't. I was ju-"

"And because I want to."

(I love you guys to bits oks. Vote and comment. I love you guys for being patient)