fourteen - thoughts

"Or do you not think so far ahead?
'Cause I been thinkin' 'bout forever. No, I don't like you, I just thought you were cool." -Frank Ocean, Thinking about you,

It's quite a miracle, really, how we had absolutely nothing to do this day. No one to meet, no one new to see and don't get me wrong, I really liked it and wanted to have this feeling more often.

Iris enters my room, talking to someone on the phone. "Gemma and I are going out, wanna tag along?" Iris asks, keeping a hand on the end of her phone.

"Nah, I'm good." I shrug, keeping the pencil between my notebook, closing it before she could peek.

"I'll give you time to think about it."

I chuckle, "I'm sure, Iris."

She nods, asking again. After getting rejected again she finaly gives up and departs.

After ordering a few books and scrolling through some items online, I take my notebook out to get this unwanted wieght from my heart. I'm surprised at the person responsible for this ridiculous weight I carry. Overlooking the time, I spending almost half an hour on my notebook, ranting about someone I shouldn't care that much about. My mind wanders at how he seemed to creep into my thoughts so often, may it be willingly or unwillingly. My stomach turns into knots only at the thought of him casually asking me out.

I walk downstairs to fetch myself a glass of water and decide to watch the television to find at least anything of my interest. Stopping at an already seen episode of Sherlock Holmes, I pick at my nails. Losing interest by almost every minute, I unlock my phone to ask one of my friends if she wanted to accompany me but when was luck on my side; she was at work. Which also made me think of the job my father will assign in a few months.

My father wanted Iris and I to take hold of his business early so he has less load on himself. He hadn't bore any sons, so he is willing to give us both the responsibility. Which with all honesty, I'm not prepared to take upon myself. He has created too much expectation which I'm dreadfully not sure if I can successfully reach, I still have a lot coming in life.

"Indie, someone wants to see you." Mrs. Barton pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Where?"

"At the door." She informs, "I told him that he can come inside but he refused and told me to call you."

"Mhm, Alright."

The first guess that comes into my mind is the books I had ordered but it is way too early for them to arrive yet. I run a hand throw my blonde looks to make them seem presentable before walking to the door. Pressing my palm on my shirt to straighten it, I pull the door nob only to find someone who didn't reach my mind. Who made me question his presence, loathe it and be thankful for it at the same time.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm good, thank you." Harry answers and I roll my eyes, bitting the forcing smile. He had his hands in his jeans, his eyes a little too brighter than usual as he looked up at me. "Are you ready?"

I frown, "For what?" and my brain answers my own question. Harry lifts his eyebrow at me. "Oh, right." I purse my lips. "Um, no."

"I'm giving you 5 minutes tops." He takes a step forward to settle on one of the stairs.

"By no I mean, I refuse to go out with you." I clearify, shifting my hair to one shoulder.

"You do realize this isn't a date, right." He narrows his eyes fairly and I stay quite, my heart dropping in my stomach; which I like to believe is because of embaressement.

"Ah, yeah." He is trying to muffle his laugh and we are back to me feeling like a God damn donkey standing in front of him. I need to stop embarressing myself.

"Lets not get so happy here, Chandller."

"How can I get happy? It's you we're talking about here."

"I haven't eaten shit all day and my head is being an ass." Harry rubs his forehead. "So stop being vexatious and go change."

"Firstly, I am not being vexatious, I just am in no mood of going somewhere with you. Secondly, eating shit is disgusting."

He chuckles at my statement and shakes his head before running a hand through his hair. "Why?"

"Because all you do is throw cruel comments on me and ruin my temper each time." I honestly explain, "I see no reason of going except that I haven't been to that place before."

"I don't.." Harry takes a deep breath. "Alright fine, now get ready. I'm waiting."

"I'm not going."

"I never gave you a choice, Chandller." He smirks.

"You can't force me, Styles."

Harry takes a sharp intake of breath, rubbing his temples with his fingers. I take that as the sign of his tolerance ending and stop making him anymore made. I felt this little bashful feeling inside me for admitting my liking for the little plan and believing his indirect promise.

"You have to wait more than '5 minutes tops'" I finger quote his words and he looks up.

"Fine, fine!" He settles on one of the steps. I stop myself from calling him inside, it's too risky with my parents. Seeing only Harry would definitely plant negative thoughts in my mothers mind.

A faint smile curves on my lips as I quickly made my way upstairs only to find my mother standing on top, her arms crossed over her chest. The small smile being replaced with parted lips.

{Happy Ramadan to all Muslims here, hope you have a great one!
I'll be updating every Sunday. Vote and comment and also spread! :) love you all! xx}