Chapter 2 ~ Mila

Chapter 2 ― Mila

“Moni!” I screamed out loud whilst still looking for the damn phone. Where the hell did I put it? “Have you seen my fucking phone?” I asked my best friend. She was in her room, probably reading or writing something. Or maybe she was fangirling over one of her celebrity husbands.

I didn’t know why I was so nervous, it was just a date, a date that Alex settled for me with a guy I didn’t know at all. I just hoped she just set me up with a nice lad or I would kill her later. I still didn’t understand why I agreed to this stupidity, but here I was, looking for my damn mobile phone so I could go to that club where I was going to meet her, her boyfriend and her friend. Yes, I knew she was dating the oh-so-famous Niall Horan from One Direction. Honestly, I liked their music but I knew very little about them. There was one I liked and my best friend told me his name was Liam, but he was taken. She is more of a fan of them.

Talking about the devil, Móniren, AKA Moni, walked into my room with a humungous mug of tea. She was smiling, her long brown hair falling over her shoulders and chest with big curls and her amused smile that always reached her dark brown eyes. “What did you lose now?” She asked taking a sip of her drink.

“My fucking phone!” I replied crossing my arms and pouting like a little girl. She smiled and let the mug on my nightstand where she always kept a coaster. “I don’t know where I put that damn thing.”

“Tell me something I don’t know,” she chuckled as she started looking for my mobile. “You probably left it in the fridge again,” the brunette mused and I just gasped. That happened just one time and it was because I was drunk, it didn’t count.

“You’re never gonna let me hear the end of that, are you?” She chuckled again looking at me over her shoulder with an evil grin.

“Nope. That’s what friends are for, to remind you all the stupid things you’ve done.” Moni got to her knees and looked under my bed. I already looked there so I knew she wasn’t going to find it.

“I think this is a sign that I shouldn’t go. I should call Alex and tell her that I can’t go and—” One of my stuffed animals hit me, cutting me off in the middle of my sentence. “Oi! What was that for?”

“For stupid. You’ve told not only me but Alex that you want a boyfriend and she’s helping you, so stop moaning and looking for lame excuses. It’s just a date; it won’t kill you. How do you expect to meet a good guy if don’t want to have dates?” My friend inquired staring at me intensely, I just rolled my eyes.

“I don’t know this lad! What if he’s a psychopath and wants to kill me? Or worse! Get expelled!”

Moni chuckled at my Harry Potter reference before replying, “Alex is gonna be near all the time and, oh for God’s sake, you’re gonna be in a club, not in a dark alley.” She rose to her feet and walked to my bathroom.

We shared a flat, it was small and cosy and we loved it. It had two rooms, each one with a bathroom, a small kitchen and a living-dining room. We didn’t have much furniture, but we had all what we needed and it was enough for us. We had, though, many bookshelves. We weren’t the kind of girls who needed thousands of things in order to be happy. Give us food, Internet connection, a bed and books and we didn’t need anything else.

“You dumbass! You left it here!” She screamed from my bathroom and I felt my cheeks burning. She came back holding my iPhone and with a cheeky smile plastered on her face. “Now you don’t have an excuse.”

“Why is it only me that has to go out on a blind date? You want a boyfriend, too!” I protested frowning lightly.

“That’s different. I’m waiting till David gets the divorce so we can be together. Or Tom. Whoever gets the papers first. That if I want to stay in the country, I could also go to America and marry Zac Efron… or Ryan Reynolds…” she trailed off handing me my gadget. I giggled thinking of her list of husbands. David Tennant, Tom Fletcher, Zac Efron and Ryan Reynolds, among others, were a few men of that list. David and Tom were currently married. She even cried the days those marriages were held.