Chapter 37 ~ Zayn

Chapter 37 ― Zayn

Days had passed and every time I tried talking to Mila, Moni would push me away telling me that she wasn’t ready to face me, yet. But I was growing desperate. I needed to tell her that it had been a mistake, that I never really wanted any of this to happen.

Someone had Indeed hacked her and deleted her account. All her work had gone to rubbish and as I knew her, I perfectly knew how much that hurt her. She had taken so long to conquer her fears again and post something on the Internet and after this, I doubted she was going to do it again. And it was all my fault. All her readers had lost the magic world her words could create because I was an idiot. All of them should hate me.

Harry still didn’t want to talk to me and from all of us, he had been the only one who had spoken to Mila since that incident. Well, in fact all of them were mad at me at some point, but none of them were as angry as I was.

“You little piece of shit! How could you do that?!” Phebs had yelled at my face when we went to the girls’ house with Niall to ask for some help the day after the interview. “You had one job. One. Job. And you fucked it up! Now all of us lost that part of Mila because you couldn’t shut the fuck up!” She kept screaming, Alex was holding her so the blonde wouldn’t kill me. I was shocked. I had never seen Phebs that angry and I couldn’t believe she was the same girl we were used to see. If she was acting like that, how mad at me were Mila’s other readers?

“I didn’t meant this to happen,” I mumbled still shocked.

“But it bloody happened! I can’t believe how stupid you can be! I thought you were better!” She cried out and that time Belle had to help to take Phebs to another room. That girl was ready to kill me.

Alex came back alone and I saw disappointment in her eyes and that look hurt me. “Mila is my friend. Before I knew all of you, I knew her. I can’t help you, Zayn. What you did was stupid and you should’ve thought more about it before talking. I warned you not to hurt her,” she said, her voice plain and cold. Alex had never talked to me like that. “I’m not gonna beat you up ‘cos you’re Niall’s friend”

“Alex,” I called her but she looked away and that only gesture hurt so bad. I had got my friend back just to lose her again.

“Please, leave my house now.”

I didn’t argue, I left and Niall came with me. I knew he felt sorry for me but he was mad at me too and he was with Alex. I had hurt not only Mila, but her friends and readers as well. I never imagined the repercussions of my words could reach so many people.

“I don’t kill you right now just because Mila asked me not to, otherwise…” Moni left the phrase in the air when I went, again, to her flat trying to see Mila and talk to her. I could do anything in order to talk to her and beg her to forgive me.

“Please, let me talk to her. I need to apologise, it was a mistake,” I insisted but her features didn’t soften a bit.

“Can’t you understand she needs time? She doesn’t wanna see you now or anytime soon. You already did enough, now leave her alone.”

“I didn’t mean all this to happen! She needs to know that!” I exclaimed losing it. I grabbed the frame of the door in a violent move, but Moni didn’t react at all, she kept looking at me impassibly. “I need to see her!”

“I won’t let you and you don’t intimidate me, Malik,” she said flatly. “You already did enough harm, now please leave before you have another thing to regret. When she’s ready to talk to you, she’ll let you know. Now be clever for a second and wait.”