Chapter 20 ~ Mila

Chapter 20 ― Mila

I walked next to Harry until we were at the bottom of the stairs. He turned to face me and I sighed deeply. I stayed in my room the whole afternoon trying to figure things out, and calm down, but mostly avoiding Zayn and regretting having yelled at Harry like that. I only came out of the room when I was sure about what to do, and the first thing was to apologise to Harry. The second was to ignore all what was happening with Zayn and not even think of him as something else than a possible friend, if we could get along. I was going to do this until I was sure he was over Alex, and probably by then I was going to be over all this so problem solved.

Ha! And my therapist said that avoiding wasn’t the solution.

“Look, Harry, I’m really sorry for yelling at you before. It had nothing to do with you, I shouldn’t have done it,” I told him really uncomfortable. Despite that I had my pride, I always apologised when I recognised it was my fault, even though saying sorry was always awkward, plus I was sure Harry was going to ask why I was so mad.

“It’s okay. I know it wasn’t my fault and probably you were mat at something else,” he replied with a smile. Such a good boy.

“More mad at myself, I would say. But that’s okay now. I just felt bad for yelling at you, after all you’re my favourite one,” I said winking and he chuckled.

“I know, the curls always get the girl.” He winked back and it was my turn to chuckle. “Now come here and give me a hug or I won’t forgive you.”

Laughing, I hugged him, my face was literally buried in his chest as he was so tall and my arms could almost surround him completely. He was so slim yet all his muscles were defined. I liked to hug him, it felt like being home, like being hugged by my little brother, or something like that. Harry was, without a doubt, my favourite of the whole group and I knew we were going to be really good friends. I loved him that way already, like a best friend.

“Now, it’s your duty as my favourite band member to protect me tonight. Moni can be so mean when we watch horror movies,” I told him looking up to meet his green eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be the knight in shinny armour for you tonight. If you get too scared at night, you can come to sleep with me. I’ll use boxers just for you,” he promised with a cheeky smile and I just giggled. I was conscious about his habit to sleep naked, so I knew this was such a big gesture coming from him.

“Blimey! I appreciate that, Mr Styles,” I told him still giggling. “Okay, let’s go help and let’s hope Phebs is right about that movie. At least I’ll get to see Daniel,” I mused still in Harry’s arms and both were laughing.

We didn’t have the time to turn around when we saw Zayn and Moni coming out of the kitchen. I should’ve laughed at Moni’s expression, but I was shocked by Zayn’s. I heard his laugh before, but when I met his gaze, I saw no sign of happiness in his eyes and there was definitely something dark and bitter. Even Harry saw that because his arms tensed around to me.

“Are we interrupting something?” Zayn asked, his eyes still locked on me.

“Stop trying to steal my best friend, Styles!” Moni yelled before walking towards us to separate us, his eyes glaring daggers at the youngest boy of One Direction. “I have my eyes on you,” she threated pointing to her eyeballs and then to Harry with two fingers. I would’ve laughed at that, but I was still impressed by Zayn’s intense reaction.

“Mila, go with Zayn to help Liam and Phebs. I’ll stay here, watching this best-friend-thief,” Moni spoke up and I heard Harry’s laugh. I wasn’t sure if my best friend was doing all that show because she really thought Harry was trying to steal me from her, or because she wanted to light up the mood. Knowing her as much as I did, it was probably the latter.